N/S Lamar Jackson Requested A Trade On March 2nd (1 Viewer)

Dont see the Ravens giving up on the opportunity to get 2 1st round picks to let him go via his trade request. Gonna still cost the gaining team multiple draft picks and a cap buster of a contract. If only he would have had an agent, it wouldn't have gotten to this point, unless he didn't listen to the agent and just fired him/her because Lamar knows best,lol.
I do, it all depends on the picks.

I am pretty sure Baltimore will be more than happy to take Indianapolis' first round pick (4th overall) for Lamar.

They get a chance to get a quarterback there, they will be getting a new quarterback for cheap, and a headache will be gone.

Tyler Huntley is good enough to keep the team going until the rookie quarterback is ready.

Problem is, I am not really sure Indy will be brave enough to do so.

This is all fairly standard posturing. With or without an agent, this stuff happens. Tales of the passing of Lamar the Raven are premature, at best.
This is anything but standard.

His refusal to work a deal last offseason, sitting out in the playoffs, cries of NFL ownership collusion, the NFL sending out a letter telling teams NOT to negotiate with a mystery man on behalf of Lamar because he is not a qualified agent, to requesting a trade, to publicly announcing he requested a trade 3 weeks ago on social media.

I do not think Lamar's offseason is "standard" by any stretch of the word.

This is anything but standard.

His refusal to work a deal last offseason, sitting out in the playoffs, cries of NFL ownership collusion, the NFL sending out a letter telling teams NOT to negotiate with a mystery man on behalf of Lamar because he is not a qualified agent, to requesting a trade, to publicly announcing he requested a trade 3 weeks ago on social media.

I do not think Lamar's offseason is "standard" by any stretch of the word.
I think you're getting caught up in a TMZ-inspired hysteria mode. Some of what you're stating as fact seems little more than rumour and speculation, the rest is a player attempting to bargain on limited leverage.

I agree with Guillermo that the Ravens are very happy to let Lamar negotiate a deal with someone else, so they don't have to (but can still choose to match) and have maneuvred so as to have other options if absolutely necessary. All pretty simple.

Man I cannot remember another player this talented screwing himself over so bad by trying to represent himself.

He has vastly overestimated his market, painted himself into a corner, and is burning bridges with the organization that drafted him and helped make him a MVP.

I hate to see this but he is going to wind up being a cautionary tale for new NFL players.
Yeah… and based on the writing on display in that letter to Baltimore fans? Yikes. He’s negotiating with seasoned NFL executives?

Man I cannot remember another player this talented screwing himself over so bad by trying to represent himself.

He has vastly overestimated his market, painted himself into a corner, and is burning bridges with the organization that drafted him and helped make him a MVP.

I hate to see this but he is going to wind up being a cautionary tale for new NFL players.
Truth. If he had an agent he would have gotten an extension after his third year and would have already made at least $50 million more than he did by playing out his contract, and he'll never get that money back. Unless his end goal was simply to play out his contract and get out of Baltimore he really forked himself over, all in the interest of saving the 2% agent fee.

Helped him be an mvp by not investing into the wide receiver position lol

The dude says he made a business decision for his family… he did not, he made an ego decision for himself.

If it was about his family, he would have taken the offer he got which would have still made him one of the highest paid QBs ever, provide generational wealth to his family, and then who knows sun a Super Bowl or two build a legacy, make even more money down the road?

Instead he wants THE BIGGEST BAG because the browns and No giants made two horrific contracts to undeserving QBs. I get why he feels he’s better, but he can’t be so stupid as to realize that Browns contract was never going to happen again, that contract basically slammed a ceiling on QB contracts for the foreseeable future.

But here he is thinking he’s the best ever, when he hasn’t won a playoff game, on a team that isn’t even the best in the division.

It’s ego driven. All ego.

He will be out of the league if this continues, he’s torpedoing his own reputation to the point no team may want to deal with him.

Then what will he tell his family?

The dude says he made a business decision for his family… he did not, he made an ego decision for himself.

If it was about his family, he would have taken the offer he got which would have still made him one of the highest paid QBs ever, provide generational wealth to his family, and then who knows sun a Super Bowl or two build a legacy, make even more money down the road?

Instead he wants THE BIGGEST BAG because the browns and No giants made two horrific contracts to undeserving QBs. I get why he feels he’s better, but he can’t be so stupid as to realize that Browns contract was never going to happen again, that contract basically slammed a ceiling on QB contracts for the foreseeable future.

But here he is thinking he’s the best ever, when he hasn’t won a playoff game, on a team that isn’t even the best in the division.

It’s ego driven. All ego.

He will be out of the league if this continues, he’s torpedoing his own reputation to the point no team may want to deal with him.

Then what will he tell his family?
This.

I don't care what any player says, agent says or anyone says. It is ALWAYS about the money. Always..........

Dont see the Ravens giving up on the opportunity to get 2 1st round picks to let him go via his trade request. Gonna still cost the gaining team multiple draft picks and a cap buster of a contract. If only he would have had an agent, it wouldn't have gotten to this point, unless he didn't listen to the agent and just fired him/her because Lamar knows best,lol.
Lamar IS his own agent. The problem is that Lamar keeps talking about "knowing his worth" and "knowing his value" and refusing to be "low-balled", but if only ONE team is extending offers and NONE of those offers match up with your hopes & expectations, then your "value" isn't what you think it is.

It's simple economics....you're only "worth" what the highest bidder is willing to pay; and unless you're paying yourself, you're worth less than you thought. A bitter pill, for sure, but not the first player to be in this situation. I think the problem is that Lamar has a history of being headstrong with his convictions, which can be a great thing in the right circumstances (we're NOT losing this game!), but seems to keep biting him in the butt to the point where I'm starting to question his intelligence.

He refused to run a 40 at the combine because he was insistent that he was a QB, not a RB or WR. Maybe a good move for his long-term career as a QB, but no doubt pushed him down to #32 in the 1st round. I'll bet he would've been taken earlier if teams saw his 40yd time. He cost himself $$$ with that decision. And living in the middle of Ravens country, it's no secret he told the Ravens IMMEDIATELY after being drafted..."I'm a QB, and I'll be playing QB; I'm not a RB or WR, and I won't be switching." To date, I'd say that's worked out for him. But most draftees are grateful for the opportunity to be drafted and play football for $$$. Lamar seemed to have a chip before he landed in Baltimore. I admire that tenacity though, FWIW.

But then he refused to hire an agent, which is also somewhat unusual. Maybe not a big deal when your rookie contract is slotted based on when you were picked; but like I said above, I'll bet he dropped a little from his refusal to run a 40yd dash. A good agent would've advised him "this might cost you money; run the 40, but we'll hold firm on you being a QB." But no agent=no advice="lost money".

And now we've seen his draftmates sign lucrative extensions, while he's still wallowing on his initial rookie deal and 5th year option. A good agent would've wrapped this up already. Lamar doesn't seem to understand that a good agent justifies their fee; just like a good accountant SAVES you more in taxes than you pay them in fees. At this point, considering Lamar's history, as outlined above, and his attitude regarding his "value/worth" and coupled with his playing style, I think teams are looking at his situation and thinking "not worth the trouble, at that price." And if Lamar is willing to come down in price/guarantee/whatever the sticking point is, he might as well STAY a Raven; unless he burned those bridges too. No matter how you look at it, a good agent wouldn't have allowed the situation to deteriorate to the current status. Lamar just isn't making ANY sense whatsoever, on ANY front, and I can't figure out why he thinks what he thinks. It's NOT working for him, and he has little or zero leverage, because NO ONE is coming forward to meet the terms he has set for himself. The Ravens have (reportedly) made several different offers to Lamar, who has summarily rejected them ALL; supposedly because he wants nothing less than a multi-year fully guaranteed $50M/year contract. He's now free to seek that from ANY team in the league and still doesn't have a single offer, other than the Ravens multiple offers. At this point, he simply isn't worth what he valued himself at, because NO ONE is willing to pay it. I don't know what he thinks his next move is?

He will end up in Atlanta.
Like someone said ,the NFC South is already shaking about those 900 yards ,55.9% ,3td /5int /19 sacks & 5 fumbles (1-3 record) in playoffs
Yeah ,regular season stats are a bit better ,not by much since 2020
Maybe Washington or Indianapolis are going after him ,or the buccaneers (born in florida) ,i don't see him going to a better team than the Ravens

While Jackson has been his own agent, he has earned $32m for five years of play. Here’s where other starting QB’s drafted since 2018, as of now, slot for first five year earnings:

Josh Allen $85m
Kyler Murray $99m
Daniel Jones $72m

I’m sure Burrow will crush these numbers, and Hurts will get a deal in his fourth year as well. Jackson is taking home $40m less than Daniel Jones for five years of play, and as someone said earlier, he can’t get those years back. It’s especially critical for Jackson to max out his earnings each year given his play style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom