N/S Lamar Jackson Requested A Trade On March 2nd (1 Viewer)

I think Daniel Snyder is being held hostage by the league to sell his team or information they have about him in all these lawsuits will become public. Snyder nor the league want them public. The owners meaning going on right now may be that transition of getting a new owner for the Commanders. It would make all the PR sense in the world for the Commanders to announce some new mega owner and have that owners endorse a trade for Lamar Jackson after the owners meeting but before the NFL draft.

However, the greatest issue in all of this is the idea of fully guaranteed contracts to NFL players or at least for top quarterbacks. If the new owner of the Commanders or Jim Irsay or Arthur Blank gives out a fully guaranteed deal for Lamar Jackson that would spit in the face of all the other owners and set the stage for Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Tua, Justin Herbert, and Trevor Lawrence to all get fully guaranteed deals or close to fully guaranteed deals.

Guaranteed contracts are the norm in basketball and baseball. To me the NFLPA needs to seek a special caveat for guaranteed money to quarterbacks in regards to the salary cap: if the highest paid player on your team is on injured reserve and stays on injured reserve for more than eight regular season games, you get a salary cap credit that season or for next season for half or all of that player's current year cap number. If you cut that player who was on IR at the end of the previous year more than eight games, the cap numbers in all future years go to zero.

This would allow the player to get the money and teams to get out of the career altering injury particularly for running quarterbacks.

I think Daniel Snyder is being held hostage by the league to sell his team or information they have about him in all these lawsuits will become public. Snyder nor the league want them public. The owners meaning going on right now may be that transition of getting a new owner for the Commanders. It would make all the PR sense in the world for the Commanders to announce some new mega owner and have that owners endorse a trade for Lamar Jackson after the owners meeting but before the NFL draft.

However, the greatest issue in all of this is the idea of fully guaranteed contracts to NFL players or at least for top quarterbacks. If the new owner of the Commanders or Jim Irsay or Arthur Blank gives out a fully guaranteed deal for Lamar Jackson that would spit in the face of all the other owners and set the stage for Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Tua, Justin Herbert, and Trevor Lawrence to all get fully guaranteed deals or close to fully guaranteed deals.

Guaranteed contracts are the norm in basketball and baseball. To me the NFLPA needs to seek a special caveat for guaranteed money to quarterbacks in regards to the salary cap: if the highest paid player on your team is on injured reserve and stays on injured reserve for more than eight regular season games, you get a salary cap credit that season or for next season for half or all of that player's current year cap number. If you cut that player who was on IR at the end of the previous year more than eight games, the cap numbers in all future years go to zero.

This would allow the player to get the money and teams to get out of the career altering injury particularly for running quarterbacks.
That is not going to happen. If money is paid to a player it must be accounted for in the cap.

So what's gonna happen when no one ponies up for that trade or his contract demands? With how this is shaking out, it's hard to believe LJ intends to wear a Ravens uniform again. Even if they come back to him with the deal he wants, is the relationship totally spoiled now?

I mean he tweeted this out right as Harbaugh's press conference was going live. That's a move, for sure.

Last edited:
So what's gonna happen when no one ponies up for that trade or his contract demands? With how this is shaking out, it's hard to believe LJ intends to wear a Ravens uniform again. Even if they come back to him with the deal he wants, is the relationship totally spoiled now?

I mean he tweeted this out right as Harbaugh's press conference was going live. That's a move, for sure.
He will either sit and lose out on $35 million or come back to Ravens.
I mean he’s crazy for not taking the $35 mil guaranteed and prove he’s worth the max deal. I just think he screwed up big time for purposely sitting out the playoffs.

Good for him. He needs to take a stance. The Ravens ran that man into the ground and now they don't want to pay him a contract comparable to top 7 QBs. They want to pay him like a mid tier QB.

Good for him. He needs to take a stance. The Ravens ran that man into the ground and now they don't want to pay him a contract comparable to top 7 QBs. They want to pay him like a mid tier QB.
You just said it, they ran him into the ground, why pay him for past performance when he’s been run into the ground. Right or wrong, I can understood both sides, as a business the owners are trying to get the lowest $$ contract they can while the player is trying to get the most $$ they can.

Using him as much as they have, the ravens are going down the cam newton and Carolina dilemma. Overuse and premature breaking down of the body. This league unfortunately a chew them up and spit him out league.

You just said it, they ran him into the ground, why pay him for past performance when he’s been run into the ground. Right or wrong, I can understood both sides, as a business the owners are trying to get the lowest $$ contract they can while the player is trying to get the most $$ they can.

Using him as much as they have, the ravens are going down the cam newton and Carolina dilemma. Overuse and premature breaking down of the body. This league unfortunately a chew them up and spit him out league.

The Ravens can just draft the next running QB, rinse and repeat. It's not like that offense is difficult, it just requires a specific skillset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom