N/S Lamar Jackson Requested A Trade On March 2nd (1 Viewer)

I think there's something more going on. If Deshaun Watson was worth 3 first round picks, why isn't Lamar Jackson worth two? It could just come down to his lack of an agent advocating for him, but the leaguewide indifference to his availability seems odd.
It also could be that owners/GMs are often reactive, not proactive. Most people seem to think the Watson and Wilson trades last year were mistakes. So they're wary of repeating it with Lamar, even if he is a better QB at the moment than either of those two.

You pay him $200 million then. lol
It aint my money, people need to stop acking like it is their money - That's the problem. Baltimore is built to win with Lamar, they've set their team up to win with him, so pay the dude. I wouldn't want him for us, because we're not set up to win w/ a QB like him, but an Atlanta/Indy/even Tampa now, they're talent stripped and can win 10+ games with just Lamar. To me, that's worth it.

He will either sit and lose out on $35 million or come back to Ravens.
I mean he’s crazy for not taking the $35 mil guaranteed and prove he’s worth the max deal. I just think he screwed up big time for purposely sitting out the playoffs.
What makes everyone think that he sat out on purpose?

What makes everyone think that he sat out on purpose?
Comments by teammates in interviews (Sammy Watkins)
Then he wouldn't test his knee at practice with team doctors, then he refused to travel with the team to the playoff games.

He didn't even come to the game and sit on the sidelines and cheer for his teammates.

Comments by teammates in interviews (Sammy Watkins)
Then he wouldn't test his knee at practice with team doctors, then he refused to travel with the team to the playoff games.

He didn't even come to the game and sit on the sidelines and cheer for his teammates.
Oh wow, that's not a good look at all.

His knee may have still been in a condition he shouldn't play in, but he has constantly mishandled and overplayed his situation.

He made his bed and now he has to lay in it.
Yeah, but not being on the sideline for the playoff game is horrible. There's no excuse for that.

One of the things i see wrong about just paying the man is you have less budget for the other players on the team, that pie gets increasingly smaller when a big chunk is taken out. Think some of this fan base was frustrated with the MT consecutive season injuries, imagine paying 50mil plus and having Lamar get the injury bug. The players seem like they only want the top earners to get their bag, but they have already made enough to live on after football. It’s the other players that get the shaft. If you want to have guaranteed contracts, start with the players making the minimum to 5mil a season. Lamar’s 50+ mil a year would eat up about 23-25% of a cap this season, worse the following years if it’s a saints back loaded contract.

That 10 mil you’re talking about can get some pretty good player or two to help the team.
I hear you. But they have tooled their team around his skillset. Those 2 players you could get with 10 million are probably not the difference in winning come playoff time. In most cases it wouldn't be.

I'm not for/against LJax...I'm not a fan of his game...but he has value to the team that is built around him and has value to any team that doesn't have a team built...he can come in and make any crap roster a playoff contender barring injury.

Being said, the Ravens are built to win with Lamar...pay the dude...who else out there can get you to the playoffs?
They offered. He said not enough.

I hear you. But they have tooled their team around his skillset. Those 2 players you could get with 10 million are probably not the difference in winning come playoff time. In most cases it wouldn't be.
Agree. The ravens are totally built for him. Them finding a replacement for him to slide in that spot and go is going to be tough sledding. Ravens only backup plan at this point is Huntley or draft. Then again, getting 2 1st round picks and not having to break the bank can do wonders.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would give up 2 1sts and his contract requests to sign a QB that's been on the decline the last couple years. He's a 2 read and run QB that hasn't played a full season in 2 years. I wouldn't give up that much for him....

Safe to say that this player’s decision to work without an agent has turned into a complete disaster. Maybe things go the same way if he had representation, but I’d say that’s not likely.

Regardless, this is a bad look for the <1% players that have chosen to go this route.

I don't see how this trade demand matters. BAL still has all the power and leverage because of the franchise tag. Any team that would sign him right now would basically count as a trade anyways. Unless BAL says they aren't matching any offers, then he isn't going anywhere.

Safe to say that this player’s decision to work without an agent has turned into a complete disaster. Maybe things go the same way if he had representation, but I’d say that’s not likely.

Regardless, this is a bad look for the <1% players that have chosen to go this route.
Agree. If I’m a GM watching this guy blast his team in public, I know my team is next if I take the risk to bring him in. He is making comments to turn the public and his teammates against the organization whether intentional or not. Most agents wouldn’t sabotage their chances at future business that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom