N/S Lamar Jackson Requested A Trade On March 2nd (1 Viewer)

He needs an agent and even then, he probably needs to revise his expectations. Interested parties determine the market.

Peter King of NBC Sports (8:10 mark) reported the AFC North team "did not get to first base with anybody" in discussions about the quarterback, adding "there was, what I would call from one team, tepid interest."

King said the coach of that one team instead pointed out, "I am focused on a new quarterback, a drafted quarterback."

I don't think the Ravens really want him either. Seems they would rather the 2 #1s and off load his contract demands to another team. Lamar screwed himself!
Truth.

Again, I'm smack dab in the middle of Ravens country, surrounded by Ravens fans. They've all been Lamar acolytes ever since Lamar took over the starting QB role. But that support has eroded over the season in an unbelievably quick fashion. But I think the nail in the coffin was when Lamar failed to travel with the team to their playoff game in Cincy, citing the flimsy excuse that he didn't want his injury to detract from the playoff atmosphere. RUFKM? All he had to say to any reporters is "I'm still injured, but no progress to report....I'm here to support my team and teammates in today's playoff game." He wouldn't have been a distraction, he would've been seen as the consummate professional and teammate, supporting his guys in the big game, and lending his eyes and observations to game-time decisions.

That was the moment when (any) remaining Lamar supporters jumped ship. I don't know ANY fans who want him back anymore; and some are advocating the ridiculous notion to just cut him outright, to eliminate the perceived locker room drama that (in their eyes) has already dragged on too long. Ravens fans don't even want him back anymore.

Players are mostly silent on the matter, which I find kind of strange. Maybe they're just being professional...staying out of Lamar's business; but I don't hear any players coming out and supporting Lamar's quest to get paid in a guaranteed fashion. I would think that a beloved member of the team, and team leader, would garner some kind of vocal support from his teammates. Maybe I read too much into that, but it seems that's the type of support that OTHER team leaders garner in contract situations, especially QBs. To see that it's NOT happening with Lamar just draws more attention to the lack of support....conspicuous by absence. Curious...but back to the fans. Can't speak for the organization and personnel, but Ravens fans don't even want him anymore. I've never seen a player burn up so much goodwill so quickly?!

I have been critical of Lamar not being with his teammates during the playoff game. However, I believe he has said that when he did travel with the team it exacerbated the swelling in his knee and he and the team agreed that he shouldn't travel with them. If that's the case, I will certainly give him a pass on that.

The fact that nobody seems interested in making an offer leads me to believe that they know that the Ravens have offered something similar to Kylar Murray's deal and they aren't willing to go much beyond that and forfeit draft picks.

He needs an agent and even then, he probably needs to revise his expectations. Interested parties determine the market.

Peter King of NBC Sports (8:10 mark) reported the AFC North team "did not get to first base with anybody" in discussions about the quarterback, adding "there was, what I would call from one team, tepid interest."

King said the coach of that one team instead pointed out, "I am focused on a new quarterback, a drafted quarterback."

Even if a team was interested, it’s hard to imagine an offer they would make that the Ravens wouldn’t match, unless Jackson has really burned his bridges with the organization.

Maybe a team that doesn’t get their QB in the draft takes a chance, but if he doesn’t get an offer in May he’ll have to really think about how good his business decisions have been up until this point. He is tens of millions behind his peers in first five year earnings and will likely be further behind this year if he plays on the tag.

I think there's something more going on. If Deshaun Watson was worth 3 first round picks, why isn't Lamar Jackson worth two? It could just come down to his lack of an agent advocating for him, but the leaguewide indifference to his availability seems odd.

Well, this is only my opinion, however teams saw how terrible the trade for Watson ended up. So they are scared of making the same mistake.

The guy went for what he perceived a business decision, now other teams are making business decisions and it seems lamar bad a bad business decision. He had all the money in the world that he needed, offered to him and he thumbed his nose at it. Said before I’ll say it again I think the longer this goes on the less good will he has and he may be in his way out of the league. Unfortunately it will be by his own undoing.

He’s a great wildcat quarterback, but his body is already breaking down and he isn’t even a starting caliber quarterback without his legs. (See Vick and Newton). He’s never thrown for more than 3,200 yards and only has made 3,000 yards in one season out of five. The Ravens have won one playoff game in five seasons of him with a low cap number. They would be fools to think that giving him a large percentage of the cap is going to somehow improve the team. The same player with less tread on the tires and banged up two years in a row with a lot less talent around him because you have to devote that part of the cap that went to those players to him now - silly.

This is just a Kaepernick cause of this offseason.

I can see why the Colts or Texans would want to take a chance on a rookie with their high picks rather than trade away assets and then pay a ton of money, and why Washington wouldn't want to do anything until ownership is settled.

But if I'm Miami I'd be on the phone with the Ravens asking what it's going to take.

I can see why the Colts or Texans would want to take a chance on a rookie with their high picks rather than trade away assets and then pay a ton of money, and why Washington wouldn't want to do anything until ownership is settled.

But if I'm Miami I'd be on the phone with the Ravens asking what it's going to take.
Did Tua spontaneously combust, or something?

Did Tua spontaneously combust, or something?

If I'm McDaniel I'd rather hitch my wagon to 26 year old Lamar Jackson who's missed time with ankle and knee injuries than 25 year old Tua who is probably a concussion away of being out of football.

If I'm McDaniel I'd rather hitch my wagon to 26 year old Lamar Jackson who's missed time with ankle and knee injuries than 25 year old Tua who is probably a concussion away of being out of football.
They already picked up Tua’s 5th year option earlier this month, he is going to be their QB for the next two years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom