N/S Lamar Jackson Requested A Trade On March 2nd (1 Viewer)

Lamar Jackson is a GOOD QB and I wish we would have drafted him instead of Davenport. However, he wants a landmark contract plus the team has to gut itself by parting two 1's and possibly a 2nd and more. I just don't think he's worth that, you run the risk of not being able to pay your upcoming talent already on the roster. All for pay da man but not at the risk of gutting a franchise.

If I'm McDaniel I'd rather hitch my wagon to 26 year old Lamar Jackson who's missed time with ankle and knee injuries than 25 year old Tua who is probably a concussion away of being out of football.
Others have replied already on similar lines, but to be honest, if I'm an owner/HC who wants to move on from an injury risk at QB, I don't think I'm likely to want another injury risk at QB in their place.

Lamar is incredibly talented, but no one is going to guarantee him more than 2 years. He can’t succeed if he’s immobile and he’s progressively becoming more immobile. As young as he is, I don’t think he has more than 3-5 seasons left as a quality NFL QB.

If I'm McDaniel I'd rather hitch my wagon to 26 year old Lamar Jackson who's missed time with ankle and knee injuries than 25 year old Tua who is probably a concussion away of being out of football.
Nice take. If McDaniel was able to help adjust the Shanahan system to work for Trey Lance in SF , he could surely do so for Jackson in MIA.

2019 was a long time ago. Lamar has a really good 2020 season and has been mediocre since. The kind of contract he is seeking he has not warranted. He is a good QB seeking elite money, thats a toxic combination for Baltimores cap.

You're not wrong, but neither Shanahan or McDaniel have demonstrated that Trey Lance works.
Oh, I agree with that. Yet, they must have felt pretty confident about what they were going to be able to accomplish to have spent all that draft capital on Lance and been willing to ditch Jimmy G before Lance got hurt.

Jackson’s already proven he can win an MVP in a Greg Roman offense. I would imagine he could light shiz up in a Shanny-inspired, McDaniels offense.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
His value peaked in his MVP season. If he'd had an agent, they would've parlayed that into a huge contract like they did for Kyler and Josh. Instead, he wanted to be the highest-paid QB and waited and may have missed his opportunity. Whoever's advising Lamar is not doing him any favors and may have cost him tens of millions.

At this point I think the talking heads are trying to get a cut of the $$ if Lamar gets the outrageous contract he’s asking. They are just piling on the outrage and anger that all these other teams haven’t thrown their hat in this circus of this situation.

They make the same bullet points over and over MVP, dual threat, makes the ravens better. They don’t even talk about the 250mil guaranteed he’s demanding, the 2 1st round picks I’d take to get him, both could cripple the team. Injuries the last 2 seasons and not even traveling with the team in the playoffs. 2018 MVP is eons ago, and we had a soon to be hall of fame inductee that didn’t get a reg season mvp award, so we know that award it a sham. Lamar will only make the ravens worse if he get get that crazy money he’s asking, team will need to get rid of some core players and cheap depth with the cap.

It’s a train wreck, but fun to watch with 🍿

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom