N/S Lamar Jackson Tests Positive for COVID-19 (1 Viewer)

That's a favor to the Ravens. I doubt the Jets would get the same treatment. I suspect the NFL would say "activate your practice squad players, that's what it was expanded for".

If this was Sam Darnold that was out.

Last edited:
That "if" is looking more like a "when" since the NFL would love to be able to do something disadvantageous to the Saints while having a perfectly good excuse to do so in order to avoid any media backlash.
This has nothing to with the Saints being in 1st. Do some people here honestly think us being in 1st will factor in to any decision made?

This has nothing to with the Saints being in 1st. Do some people here honestly think us being in 1st will factor in to any decision made?
I agree. The Saints have 6 games left and at least 2 more without Drew Brees. Not to mention games against the Chiefs and Vikings and a road game against the Panthers (not an easy task). Also the Packers have a cream puff schedule going forward - so the odds of us holding off the Packers with all other circumstances considered is less than a 50/50 scenario, in my opinion.

And any changes to the bye structure would also negatively impact either the Steelers or Chiefs, two teams held in very high esteem by the league.

If anyone should be miffed, it’s the Steelers. They lost their bye week due to Covid. A national spotlight game due to Covid, their mini bye week following the Thanksgiving game is now gone and if they keep the 1 seed and the week 18 option is enacted, they lose a playoff bye.

The Steelers should be very annoyed since the Covid issues that have disrupted their season are due to their opponents testing positive — not them.

I agree. The Saints have 6 games left and at least 2 more without Drew Brees. Not to mention games against the Chiefs and Vikings and a road game against the Panthers (not an easy task). Also the Packers have a cream puff schedule going forward - so the odds of us holding off the Packers with all other circumstances considered is less than a 50/50 scenario, in my opinion.

And any changes to the bye structure would also negatively impact either the Steelers or Chiefs, two teams held in very high esteem by the league.

If anyone should be miffed, it’s the Steelers. They lost their bye week due to Covid. A national spotlight game due to Covid, their mini bye week following the Thanksgiving game is now gone and if they keep the 1 seed and the week 18 option is enacted, they lose a playoff bye.

The Steelers should be very annoyed since the Covid issues that have disrupted their season are due to their opponents testing positive — not them.
You better stop making so much sense! :9:
Some folks around here are going to think you're working for Goodell.

:hihi:

You better stop making so much sense! :9:
Some folks around here are going to think you're working for Goodell.

:hihi:
I honestly think some people here get off on thinking that the league is constantly conspiring against us bc it takes effort to come up with the mind boggling "logic" they spew. The mental gymnastics involved in trying to figure out how any move the league makes is in direct relation to hindering our organization is quite impressive, allbeit, foolish at times.

I honestly think some people here get off on thinking that the league is constantly conspiring against us bc it takes effort to come up with the mind boggling "logic" they spew. The mental gymnastics involved in trying to figure out how any move the league makes is in direct relation to hindering our organization is quite impressive, allbeit, foolish at times.
I just wish everyone realized how easy it is to imagine that yours is the only team that is always getting the short end of the stick. I've read forums from every fanbase in the league, and they all have members who claim they are being unfavorably singled out.
I find it impossible to understand the logic of all the conspiracy theorists out there. :freak7: Whew! :jpshakehead:

The league wouldn't have postponed this game for the Jets or the Jaguars. They'd have said "activate your practice squad players, which has always been the plan, which is why we expanded the practice squad in the first place, to account for COIVD-19 cases".

If Tom Brady gets it, you can bet your tail they'll postpone more games.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom