N/S Lamar Jackson Tests Positive for COVID-19 (2 Viewers)

They approved the eight-game scenario *if* all teams in playoff positions can’t play all 16 games in *18 weeks.

Current goal is to play all 256 games in 17. But there are multiple contingencies before we get to the expansion point.

Thanks! And thanks for that artfully crisp explanation. 💰

The Steelers are the least scary undefeated team I can think of in recent memory. I think they’re going to be 1-and-done come playoff time... or, I at least won’t be at all surprised if that happens.
They edged the Titans and Ravens for their only 2 “real” opponents...

Is he symptomatic and was it a PCR test?

But technically... We will get a bye. Lol
I don't understand what you're saying

Ok I just read what they agreed to. We would be off the makeup week of games and in that sense get a bye week (along with everyone else, unfortunately).

So if a game like the Steelers/Ravens gets postponed, they can make it up in week 18 and the playoff structure would stay intact.

It's only if some of the games can't be made up in week 18 and if those games are deemed necessary to decide who gets in the playoffs then they would allow an 8th team from both conferences to be in the playoffs.

In other words it will take a lot to expand to 16 teams for the playoffs.

I feel a lot better now that I actually read it.

So what this actually means is that it's getting likely that we will have a week 18 and if we can end up with the #1 seed, we would have 2 weeks off while the other 6 teams get 1 week off (barring none of them are involved in makeup games).

So this sucks for the Steelers because they want to get this game in this week.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you're saying
The same thing some people were saying when our 13-3 team from last year had a "de-facto bye" against the Vikings.

There is no such thing as a pushover in the NFL--let alone in the playoffs. It would be beyond absurd if the league changed its entire playoff structure more than halfway through the season (but I expect it).

The Steelers are the least scary undefeated team I can think of in recent memory. I think they’re going to be 1-and-done come playoff time... or, I at least won’t be at all surprised if that happens.
It kinda has that feel.

Much like the very first season for Big Ben at 15-1. Nobody really thought of them as super bowl favorites and of course they never even made it to the super bowl.

The same thing some people were saying when our 13-3 team from last year had a "de-facto bye" against the Vikings.

There is no such thing as a pushover in the NFL--let alone in the playoffs. It would be beyond absurd if the league changed its entire playoff structure more than halfway through the season (but I expect it).
I agree about no pushovers (more apt example is 2010 Seattle).

But I think he was referring to the fact we would have the week off if they expand to 16 playoff teams. So in essence, a "bye" week.

Sleeping on the steelers is not a good idea, especially with a healthy Big Ben.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don’t understand the issue with pushing back the whole season an additional week to accommodate games that need to be rescheduled. I mean, if the Super Bowl goes ahead in Florida it shouldn’t disadvantage anybody if it’s later in February, should it? The league shouldn’t/wouldn’t be worried about accommodating fans at the game.

Sleeping on the steelers is not a good idea, especially with a healthy Big Ben.

If the Saints were to end up playing the Steelers in the SUPERBOWL in Tampa... I wouldn’t be sleeping on them (and that’s the only way the Saints would play them). So outside that, I don’t really care what they do currently.
They just don’t look like a real “force” to me

With the schedules I see it’s very possible we lose to chiefs and lose home field anyway. Losing to packers hurt unless Seattle finishes with same record too

With the schedules I see it’s very possible we lose to chiefs and lose home field anyway. Losing to packers hurt unless Seattle finishes with same record too

why does everyone just assume we’re losing to the chiefs? If that’s the case pack it up right now because we aren’t winning the super bowl.

I’m just thankful we get to play the chiefs. We need to learn how maholmes plays

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom