Lame joke article about trading Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Just in case someone tries to link this and takes it seriously. These guys make ProFootballTalk look like Reuters:

Saints Looking To Trade Next Gale Sayers For Third Round Pick

NEW ORLEANS--According to a story in the Times-Picayune, the New Orleans Saints are now looking to trade their top pick, Reggie Bush, for a third round pick in the 2007 draft. There haven't been any takers so far, but the team will continue to try and unload the next Gale Sayers on any team that is interested.

When reached for comment about the story, Saints GM Mickey Loomis admitted the team was disappointed in Bush’s performance and seeking a trade.

“We love Reggie Bush here,” Landis said. “He’s been a great teammate and a pillar of the community. However, his performance on the field has fallen short of expectations. With the money he’s making, he should be leading the league in every offensive category, or at least some of them. Maybe even one or two would be nice. Instead, he’s leading the league in running into walls defenders. Of course, we still think he’s going to be the next Gale Sayers, but not as a football player, as a public speaker. He’s so articulate! He’s going to do a wonderful job inducting Marques Colston into the Hall of Fame someday.”

I love how they blow Loomis's name throughout the piece.

Last edited:

Farb

Brave Sir Robbin
Reaction score
I found it kind of funny.
I like the part of him introducing Colston into the HOF.

saintfan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Oh that is pure garbage. I did not read anything in the Times-Picayune on that topic, and I have not heard one negative thing from Loomis.

OP

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Oh that is pure garbage. I did not read anything in the Times-Picayune on that topic, and I have not heard one negative thing from Loomis.
Yes, yes ... TheBrushBack.com is like a sports version of The Onion. I'm just posting it in case anyone runs across this article elsewhere, and takes it seriously.

Some cited this article -- in all seriousness -- on a major fantasy sports board. Other posters were on the scene in a hurry to set him straight.

TPS

Reaction score
>>Oh that is pure garbage. I did not read anything in the Times-Picayune on that topic, and I have not heard one negative thing from Loomis.

You don't say. :shrug:

TPS

mambodeath

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, yes ... TheBrushBack.com is like a sports version of The Onion. I'm just posting it in case anyone runs across this article elsewhere, and takes it seriously.
why would anyone take the onion or brushback seriously? these are satirical publications. now everyone has a right--in this country, at least--to take satirical press as genuine or to take fiction as reality (in fact, many people do) but God help the ones who take those people seriously!

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
a third round pick?? i was thinking a fourth and a fifth...but thats just me...

what do i know??

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess some didnt read all the way down.....

"Copyright 2006, The Brushback - Do not reprint without permission. This article is satire and is not intended as actual news."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom