Landon Turner? (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody who watched and or recorded the game key on him when he got in the lineup? I thought he he played like a mauler with slow feet much like his college take proved and what was his knock in the draft. I'm not saying he won't develop or skillset can't be hidden by him playing along side a center and tackle cor pass coverage help...he can definitely with help clear a running Kane but he look like he was standing in quicksand in pass pro.

Time will tell...

...I'm certainly pulling for him. If he can develop a bit more quickness, he will be a force! He's definitely strong enough!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fG2_nKIWvDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tNRadf8LU_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

I actually thought he looked better than lelito. Pulling for him to make the team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He and Jack Allen both played well. There were a few moments for both of them where they just totally whiffed but for the most part they both held their own. Lelito, Thompson and Hills on the other hand looked flat out bad at times. Looks like Lelito has not gotten any better in pass protection while Thompson and Hills looked equally bad in both run and pass.

I was impressed with Allen. Not so sure about the others, but we have to remember they are UDFA rookies and it's their first taste of NFL

He and Jack Allen both played well. There were a few moments for both of them where they just totally whiffed but for the most part they both held their own. Lelito, Thompson and Hills on the other hand looked flat out bad at times. Looks like Lelito has not gotten any better in pass protection while Thompson and Hills looked equally bad in both run and pass.

I think Allen had three or four penalties.

Yea Allen disappointed, but Allen was great! Stud in pass pro. Run was decent. Point of attack he has super human strength and moves people. Didn't see enough from him in pulling game. This was also with the 3s. Hope he gets more serious reps going forward. He's earned them.

Edit: uh oh dummy alert. Turner did well. Accidentally put Allen twice.

Yea Allen disappointed, but Allen was great! Stud in pass pro. Run was decent. Point of attack he has super human strength and moves people. Didn't see enough from him in pulling game. This was also with the 3s. Hope he gets more serious reps going forward. He's earned them.

Huh?

But how did Allen do?

Landon Turner will not make the final 53 for sure. If any UDFA lineman make it, it will be Jack Allen. I'm hoping we can stash Turner on the practice squad, so we can get him in camp another year to see if he progresses. I kind of hope we only keep 2 backup offensive lineman. Jack Allen and whoever loses the battle at guard between Kelemete and Lelito. Peat will be a starting guard and backup offensive tackle more than likely. I would rather just give that roster spot to another player.

Landon Turner will not make the final 53 for sure. If any UDFA lineman make it, it will be Jack Allen. I'm hoping we can stash Turner on the practice squad, so we can get him in camp another year to see if he progresses. I kind of hope we only keep 2 backup offensive lineman. Jack Allen and whoever loses the battle at guard between Kelemete and Lelito. Peat will be a starting guard and backup offensive tackle more than likely. I would rather just give that roster spot to another player.

u trippen, two backups for 5 positions. naw:jpshakehead:

Think I agree with you on this. We've invested a couple of years on Lelito. Perhaps some other lineman will be released with maybe more upside than Lelito. Perhaps we can stash Turner on the practice squad. We still haven't seen what this Avery kid looks like either

I actually thought he looked better than lelito. Pulling for him to make the team

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I feel the same... What I saw reviewing the game was disappointing for Lilito... I saw guys literally blow by him in several occasions... My hope was that he would improve by this point in his development but what I saw was the same thing... He looked solid in the running game and poor in the passing game and the same thing for Turner. Complete misses on 2 occasions in the passing game.

It's one thing to get beat, it's another to have guy go by you and you barely get your hands on them...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom