Laptop cooling fans (1 Viewer)

helofixer

Schlägertruppen
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if investing in a supplemental laptop cooling device is worth it? They arent that expensive and I now have a larger capacity battery on my laptop. Are they power hogs? Do they help? noisy? not worth it? I use my laptop quite a bit and I would like to hear some opinions.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're experiencing heat-related issues. Most are designed with adequate cooling.

Glad this was posted. My laptop seems to be getting a bit warm on the left side where the vent is. Should I get a new fan for it?
My PC is pretty new...a Compaq nc6320

Here is another very good one for Dells

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

Some other stuff to consider. Ive noticed that some Toshibas, Compaqs, and HPs seem to have thier fans run at higher speeds more constantly. I know they did it with t older P4s. Ive also noticed that some laptop makers do not put quality thermal paste on the CPU under the heatsink, and can benifit quite a bit from redoing it (not a tassk for the novice skillset) I have found quite a few Dells for example, that have no thermal pad or paste on the CPU, making for quite the toasty laptop.

Thanks for the links yall. I installed the speedfan app and will monitor the heat levels in my laptop. Temps seem to be well below the warning levels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom