Laptop display issue (1 Viewer)

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
This one's kinda stumping me.. Most times when I close my laptop, leave it closed for an extended period of time and then re-open it, the display doesn't come on immediately.. So I close and open it again and it will come up after a couple seconds.. Anyone ever dealt with this before?

Could be going into hibernate or stand by mode after a set period of time. In my computer, control panel, power options you can adjust what your laptop does when you close the lid or press certain buttons and how it manages power options when you do different things. Of course this is for windows XP. I dont know vista yet.

could be your bios and os are set differently and conflicting how it acts.. of course, i'm the KISS{keep it simple stupid} principle would probably better to look thru first. such as the control panel settings for standby and sleep.
mine varies, biggest contributor, is if I wait till its finished going into standby when closing the lid. It won't even finish a shutdown, if close the lid prior, and open the lid, power up, just for it to finish it's shutdown from 4 days prior.

Yeah, I checked the power settings.. I have it set to never go into standby or shut down the monitor when closed.. I haven't rebooted it since changing the settings, but it didn't say I needed to when I changed them..

No other video oddities with it though.. It doesn't act up while it's in use..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom