Large projection TV going out? (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
My neighbor left out a 60 inch Zeneth TV for the taking. Her boyfriend moved in and she didn't need the finicky screen anymore. Since I'm suffering from small screen syndrome, I decided to lug it in to give her a run. The problem is that about 50% of the time the screen flickers on and off. Sometimes it's the video alone, sometimes both audio and video. Anyone have any ideas? Should I junk the thing? Can it be fixed with a little TLC?

have you tried reseating the cards inside sometime they come loose during moving

have you tried reseating the cards inside sometime they come loose during moving

I vacuumed the inside and sprayed a little radio shack electronic cleaner around things, but I ran out before getting to all the parts. I didn't try to re-seat any cards. When the TV flickers, it responds sensitively to any vibrations, such as tapping the side or simply walking heavily around it. The model # is 1QB60M92W.

sounds like cold solder joints.. or loose connection. have you noted that does it more after been on a while?

sounds like cold solder joints.. or loose connection. have you noted that does it more after been on a while?

I haven't gotten that far. I just got the TV this evening. But it does seem to help if I turn it off, then on.

Just a bit more info. I left the TV on all night. It seems to have stayed on without a problem.

how do you have it connected to the source?

As in the video source? Regular cable, RCA video, or component from the Wii. The symptoms are the same. It's funny that it's been on for at least 12 hours now without giving any trouble, though the screen will still shake a bit if I walk by.

As in the video source? Regular cable, RCA video, or component from the Wii. The symptoms are the same. It's funny that it's been on for at least 12 hours now without giving any trouble, though the screen will still shake a bit if I walk by.

I was thinking that it may be a bad connection on the coax input, but since it is happening on all it seems to be another problem. If you are feeling adventurous take each card out, get a magnifying glass and exam all of the components, traces, and solder joint. you should be able to spot a broken or cracked trace, or cold solder joint. the cold solder joint will kind of stick out compared to the others, the color will be off a little bit, or the solder will look deformed compared to the others. also, there is a pad underneath each solder joint that holds the solder, ive seen those come loose off of the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom