N/S Largest margin of victory in the history of the league. (1 Viewer)

For laughs you should read about the 222-0 slaughter in college football. I think it was Georgia Tech who won. The opposing team’s best play was their ability to come up with tactics to block extra points. Methods that they came up with are still used today.

For laughs you should read about the 222-0 slaughter in college football. I think it was Georgia Tech who won. The opposing team’s best play was their ability to come up with tactics to block extra points. Methods that they came up with are still used today.
I’m gonna check that out, thank you.

Yep, Georgia Tech over Cumberland, I believe.

That’s 55+ pts a quarter
How is that temporally possible?

1586120220709.png
The blowout: How one-sided was this game?

Georgia Tech scored at least 42 points in every quarter (63, 63, 54 and 42).

The Yellow Jackets scored 32 touchdowns, and Cumberland committed 15 turnovers (nine fumbles lost, six interceptions).

Georgia Tech ran a relatively low 29 offensive plays, all rushes, for 501 total yards (17.3 yards per play). Cumberland finished with negative-28 total yards.

Cumberland did not gain a first down. Georgia Tech had 20.

LINK

1586120220709.png

The Yellow Jackets scored 32 touchdowns, and Cumberland committed 15 turnovers (nine fumbles lost, six interceptions).

Georgia Tech ran a relatively low 29 offensive plays, all rushes, for 501 total yards (17.3 yards per play). Cumberland finished with negative-28 total yards.

LINK
Well at least they seem to have let up on em in the 4th. ?

1586120220709.png

LINK
I think this was all in retaliation too. If I remember correctly, Cumberland beat Georgia Tech in baseball this previous spring. Afterwards- word got out that Cumberland actually hired professional baseball players to play that game for them. The same coach that managed the baseball team for Georgia Tech was also their football coach at the time.

62–7 (1973) still an embarrassment
:meh32:

Didn’t we lose by that score to the Colts back in the early 2000’s as well? Maybe mid 2000’s?
Or maybe that’s the game we beat them 62-7 lol.

1586120220709.png

LINK
When I was a kid, in the pre-internet days, I was obsessed about this game. As a young football fan, I just couldn’t believe the story.

Whenever we had library time in elementary school, I’d grab the sports almanac that had a big write-up about the game.

Good times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom