La'Roi Glover to be inducted into the Saints Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
La'Roi Glover To Be Inducted Into Saints Hall of Fame

"I had just come in off the waiver wire and to have the opportunity to finally line up against the best competition that the world has to offer was such an honor,” said Glover “It was great to finally put on the uniform and be able to do what I was paid to do.”

Two seasons later, Glover enjoyed one of the finest campaigns for an NFL defensive tackle, making 65 stops, an NFL-best 17 sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery, as he led the Saints to a turnaround from 3-13 to 10-6 and the NFC West division title and the franchise’s first playoff win. Three times that season he would record three sacks in a contest. To this day, Glover’s 17 quarterback takedowns are the second-highest single-season total by an NFL defensive tackle, only exceeded by the Vikings’ Keith Millard in 1989 (18). In recognition, Glover was named a Pro Bowl starter and a unanimous All-Pro selection. He’s quick to credit the people around him on the defensive line for that special season, specifically the late defensive tackle Norman Hand and defensive end Joe Johnson, as well as lineman Wayne Martin, who took him under his wing when he first joined the team.

Glover is quick to say that in addition to what he accomplished personally that year, being a member of the team to win the franchise’s first playoff game was his biggest thrill.

“The thing that sticks out in my mind is the Who Dat nation waiting for so long and to stick with the team through some tough years and to finally breakthrough in that season,” said Glover. “I had a lot of good teammates, coaches and front office staff that helped make it happen.”
How the heck did we ever let this guy get away from us is beyond me. Anyways, congrats to La'roi Glover. Great player, even though I wish he woulda stayed with us longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom