(Larry Holder)Saints Coach Sean Payton is not wasting any effort re-living the bounty scandal (1 Viewer)

SAINTS 12

WHO DAT !!!!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton said his return won't amount to an automatic turnaround. Read more »

And in typical Parcells style, he left a lasting message for Payton.
"He (Parcells) said at the beginning of it, 'You're going to have a different view of your team from afar than when you're in amongst the trees,'" Payton said. "When you step away, you have to figure out how we get the most from this. I think that equally important is that us turning the page is critical."

Payton paused.
"It gets back to, when you fail, aaagghh! You just want to blame the can," the 49-year-old said as he choked a can of Red Bull he deposited his dip spit into throughout the hour-long interview.

I hope Holder wasn't drinking red bull also and accidentally mixed up the cans.:spit:

He's absolutely correct. Wins are not automatically given and he knows that there are major kinks to iron out.

He's just trying to make the 31 other teams feel better :9:

But WE KNOW

I think he was just being honest. He has no divine presence that makes teams go from mediocre to great. It will take his leadership, a lot of hard work by everyone involved, some luck, and a lot of good scouting to make this team elite again. It won't be considered so by those outside this board and rightfully so. When you field a defense as bad as ours was you have to prove it is otherwise.

He's just baiting the other 31 teams out there so the 40 burger the Saints serve will come out of nowhere

"When you step away, you have to figure out how we get the most from this. I think that equally important is that us turning the page is critical." - Parcells

Kinda think this advice goes far beyond being a successful football coach. "Turn the page. Make the best of it." Sounds like Parcell's has the key to embracing life. That fact that SP has him as is mentor, let's me know the class human being SP is. I am so glad to have him back for so many reasons.

It is nice to see coach doing more local interviews and opening up a bit.

Offseason workouts to include agility drills so coach doesn't get bowled over by Graham again.

Man i cant wait to embarrass the Turds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom