Larry Holder: Saints will interveiw Todd Grantham and Rob Ryan on Thursday and Friday (1 Viewer)

At this point, I don't know if I care who the DC is. The main problem with our defense, as evidenced by three different coordinators under Payton (and now four) is not primarily coaching. It is the players (and talent evaluation). You can't turn a rangy old steer into filet mignon, no matter who the cook is.

At this point, I don't know if I care who the DC is. The main problem with our defense, as evidenced by three different coordinators under Payton (and now four) is not primarily coaching. It is the players (and talent evaluation). You can't turn a rangy old steer into filet mignon, no matter who the cook is.

We won the super bowl with most of those players.

Grantham has several guys tht might go in the 1st round this year...

Id like to think hes either good @ evaluating talent or coaching up said talent. Justin Houston included

Yes, and since 2009 Ellis has regressed, and Smith and especially Vilma are in decline. No Sharper, Porter, Fujita.

Im on the verge of being 3 for 3 in the offseason

Fire Spags
Switch to 3-4
Hire Grantham

Sean couldnt speak to anyone in the NFL during his suspension but he could have had contact with a college coach with saban/parcells ties like Grantham

Fire Spags
Switch to 3-4
Hire Grantham

Sean couldnt speak to anyone in the NFL during his suspension but he could have had contact with a college coach with saban/parcells ties like Grantham

No lie dude you are on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Fire Spags
Switch to 3-4
Hire Grantham

I find it interesting that this guy is interviewing the day after national signing day. He keeps his recruiting class for UGA and takes the Saints job the next day: a win win for both if you ask me.

I wonder if this hurts his chances coming out now. If this coukd have waited till tomorrow to come out it would have been perfect.

Wonder if someone put tht report out in hopes tht we would dispute it??

I'm hoping its Grantham..Rob is a good coach but lets get a guy who is wants to make a name for himself and has proven capable at the college ranks..he has NFL experience and both Grantham and Payton have that Parcells connection...they may have better chemistry than Payton would have with the Ryan considering the media loves to interview a Ryan...dont need another ego in the building.

Todd Grantham used a one gap attacking style of line play, but what I really like is that we need most of his players coming to the NFL and he should know them well. Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree, John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers, Sanders Commings, Bacarri Rambo

Todd Grantham used a one gap attacking style of line play, but what I really like is that we need most of his players coming to the NFL and he should know them well. Jarvis Jones and Alec Ogletree, John Jenkins and Kwame Geathers, Sanders Commings, Bacarri Rambo

Ding ding ding.... Geathers n the Fifth. Bacarri in the 3rd. Sign Ed reed n let him pick his brain for a year

Grantham has several guys tht might go in the 1st round this year...

Id like to think hes either good @ evaluating talent or coaching up said talent. Justin Houston included

Even though they lost to Bama in the SECCG, I thought the Dawg D was pretty darn good. They HAVE talent.

There are a few UGA players who could land up here. I remember someone postin an all UGA lineup with our first 3 picks (cant remember if that included us having our 2nd pick though). There's Jones, Rambo, Geathers, even Tree, among others, who can come in and help the D. And if Grantham comes to NOLA, it would make sense to get at least one or 2 of his players. He knows em, and they can come in already knowing him and how to play his D.

They all might still be NFL rooks, but that scenario gives em a leg up on the average rookie player or coach. And right now, we could use any edge we can get to turn this D around ASAP.

My biggest question (if anyone knows) is what kind of pass coverage does Grantham use?

(Dangit, Saints Junkie beat me to it!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom