Last 3 games have been better (1 Viewer)

There will be growing pains there too...Zion hasnt played any serious basketball since Duke plus they will need to learn to play together defensively again and we all see how long that has taken this time around
if he is the chosen one he will be ready after a few games..... if not he will be after the break. either way, the team is playing lights out on defense and had like 2 turnovers in the second half last night. we ended with like 20 OFFENSIVE rebounds.... if zion integrates quickly we have an impressive 1-5 with 2 good bench guys.

It's amazing how big of a difference having Favors is for this team. As exciting as watching Jaxson Hayes is, he is still a defensive and rebounding liability at this time, simply due to his size and experience. We would not have won that game against the Nuggets without Favors. Jokic would have simply backed Hayes down and boxed him out on rebounds all game long. That's not a knock on Jaxson, it's just that players like Jokic are bad matchups for him until be develops some bulk and better technique. Anyway, major props to Favors and I think we would have 3-5 more wins on the season if he was healthy.

It's amazing how big of a difference having Favors is for this team. As exciting as watching Jaxson Hayes is, he is still a defensive and rebounding liability at this time, simply due to his size and experience. We would not have won that game against the Nuggets without Favors. Jokic would have simply backed Hayes down and boxed him out on rebounds all game long. That's not a knock on Jaxson, it's just that players like Jokic are bad matchups for him until be develops some bulk and better technique. Anyway, major props to Favors and I think we would have 3-5 more wins on the season if he was healthy.

Hayes needs to work with whoever Giannis did. Giannis was a lanky drink of water when he came into the league and look at him now

If the Lakers beat the Blazers tonight, we are 4 games out of the playoffs. We also have the 5th easiest schedule remaining and Zion should be back in a week or 2.

we are looking good and when zion integrates we will be dangerous. I hope we knock lil tony out of the playoffs.

Etwaan Moore tho…

lots of scuttlebutt about Zion going 5 on 5 this week.....

Went to last nights game and damn that was fun. Lots of Rocket fans there that you could hear cheering in the first 3 quarters. Granted none of them seemed to be aware of the Rocket team they were going to be watching when walking in as I heard multiple people's shocked reaction to hearing Westbrook, Harden and Capela were all out. Come the 4th quarter you couldn't hear them though. It got loud in there and was the most fun I've had all season.

Went to last nights game and damn that was fun. Lots of Rocket fans there that you could hear cheering in the first 3 quarters. Granted none of them seemed to be aware of the Rocket team they were going to be watching when walking in as I heard multiple people's shocked reaction to hearing Westbrook, Harden and Capela were all out. Come the 4th quarter you couldn't hear them though. It got loud in there and was the most fun I've had all season.
Hopefully they keep playing like this and avoid another long losing streak. If they can keep within shouting distance of that 8th playoff spot, it will help the team keep the positive momentum from a great off season and the fan support will continue. They started to lose that momentum and a lot of casual fans were losing interest, but gained it back recently. Once Saints season ends the day after winning the Super Bowl, the casual support should be even greater if we are in contention. And when Zion starts playing, that momentum can start to really steamroll.

guys we are getting real good with a slower pace. gentry may have noticed or listened to his coaches to implement. if we get a 100% healthy Zion shortly after the new year other teams who snickered earlier should fret now...

Its been said already, but Favors is a huge part of this turn around. He is a great player and him being back from injury has been a god send.

Its been said already, but Favors is a huge part of this turn around. He is a great player and him being back from injury has been a god send.

As fun as exciting as Hayes is, he is a liability on defense. He doesnt have the bulk or strength to anchor the middle yet. Favors has provided that anchor we were missing

As fun as exciting as Hayes is, he is a liability on defense. He doesnt have the bulk or strength to anchor the middle yet. Favors has provided that anchor we were missing
he is a great spark for the second team but yeah... he shouldn't have had as much time as he has had but here we are

he is a great spark for the second team but yeah... he shouldn't have had as much time as he has had but here we are

Well originally the talk was him being in the G-League this season but the injuries changed that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom