Last 60/70/80 yard run? (we are long overdue) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don't have the time or the resources to dig up the information I'm seeking, but I think it would be interesting to list or even link to, via video (if possible), the year/date and opponent we played the last five times we've broken a run longer than 60 yards. Funny thing is, the only times that come to mind of long runs such as these came during the Deuce era when he was in his prime (2001-2004). Funny thing is.. although our offense is 3x what it was then, we probably had more runs that went to the house from 60+ in that three year time frame than we've had in the six years since. Anyone have a way of pulling this up at a glance?

Edit: We are long overdue for one, I know that much!

I don't know, but Reggie had carries of 55 and 46 last season. Julius Jones has one of 54 yards this season. Looking at Deuce's numbers though:

01:
54 yards

02:
62 yards, 52, 46, 53

03:
58 yards, 72, 52

04:
71 yards

06:
57 yards

Pierre Thomas longest Run 42 yards
Reggie Bush Longest run 55 yards (last year)
so far Chris Ivory longest 35 yards
The Longest rush since Sean Payton has been here was Deuce McAllister in 2006 a 57 yard rush

The Last time we had one more than that was 2004 and 2003 Deuce 71,76 yards respectively

I've looked but I can't find an 80 yard or more run for the saints
but to answer you
yes we are overdo

When you pass the ball like we do, you don't often see the requisite conditions for long runs. Teams generally keep two safeties deep against us.

Most long runs occur when beating defenses that load up the box.

When you pass the ball like we do, you don't often see the requisite conditions for long runs. Teams generally keep two safeties deep against us.

Most long runs occur when beating defenses that load up the box.

True. The only way I see this happening is if the Saints have a successful string of 7-10 plays in a row where they are simply running an opponent over, and the opponent's only way to stop the bleeding is to make the huge mistake of ever loading the box vs. us. It would take a huge lapse in coaching judgment to ever get baited into doing this, and even at that.. if it ever happens, I'm sure Drew will audible out of it and look for Meachem 60 yards later.

It would be cool if somehow we made the safeties miss one time and take a long ball to the house on the ground.. one time :ezbill:

One of our RBs will have an 80+ yard TD run on Thanksgiving vs Dallas.

Ivory should be getting up to speed in the passing game by now, so I'm expecting him to get the ball in space. Of course that will be classified as a pass, but it will still be fun to watch him truck some DB's and run 60 yards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom