Last Dance... ESPN (1 Viewer)

Imo, MJ was the best ever. People forget he was a tenacious defender and his competitive nature was second to none. A lot of great players have come and gone over the last 40 years, but none have matched Jordan's level of dominance over an 8 year period like he did.

dedicated to being the best that ever was....thats what makes a superstar. His dedication to basketball and giving 100% to his craft/trade. when it came to the game of bbasketball, he had blinders on.

I suspect we shall hear more...after all MJ did say some will see this and no like me afterwards. lolol.

Imo, MJ was the best ever. People forget he was a tenacious defender and his competitive nature was second to none. A lot of great players have come and gone over the last 40 years, but none have matched Jordan's level of dominance over an 8 year period like he did.

Another thing about MJ (and Bird and Magic were similar) was he was ruthlessly mean, to opposing players and even his own teammates. He was an intimidater, no question about it...its a side some folks will be shocked to see I think...(queue the line about some folks may not like me after watching....)

Another thing about MJ (and Bird and Magic were similar) was he was ruthlessly mean, to opposing players and even his own teammates. He was an intimidater, no question about it...its a side some folks will be shocked to see I think...(queue the line about some folks may not like me after watching....)

The episodes showed him being ruthlessly mean to Jerry Krause as well. Jerry seemed to deserve it though.

dedicated to being the best that ever was....thats what makes a superstar. His dedication to basketball and giving 100% to his craft/trade. when it came to the game of bbasketball, he had blinders on.

I suspect we shall hear more...after all MJ did say some will see this and no like me afterwards. lolol.
There were many outstanding speakers at Kobe Bryant’s Celebration of Life.......but for MJ to stand up at the podium, with tears all over the place & his nose running down his face, was just incredible & heartbreaking.

Then MJ said, “I promised my wife I would not do this......now I am going to have to look at memes of me crying again for the next 3-4 years” ??

The episodes showed him being ruthlessly mean to Jerry Krause as well. Jerry seemed to deserve it though.

Hey Jerry, gonna do some layups with us? Need to lower the rim.

lolol

I just hope that he is getting paid well now, when he is commenting on the various sports networks, and hopefully he has been helping out his 11 brothers & sisters & his mom & dad, if they are still alive.??
Seems like he at least paid for Veneers for himself and his brother that was interviewed.

That UNC coach I think gave him the little shove he needed early. (paraphrasing)

I want to be the best ever.

Ok, then you need to outwork everyone.

I'm going to work the same as everyone else.

Woah there.. I thought you said you wanted to be the best? Not just like everyone else.

Oh, no doubt, a lot of people hate him. :hihi:

It could have been dentures or implants

I mean, getting old sucks. And your teeth are important.
I am a sucker & a soft heart for those stories of players who are raised in absolute poverty & then they work hard, and eventually get paid better than they ever could have dreamed.

That is one of the many things that I think are great about sports.

I am a sucker & a soft heart for those stories of players who are raised in absolute poverty & then they work hard, and eventually get paid better than they ever could have dreamed.

That is one of the many things that I think are great about sports.
Agree.

Also, I'm amazed at how mild mannered Pippen was and is, yet he was a total assassin on the court.

I always loved Scottie Pippen and understood why he held out. On any other team, he would've been the man. On the Bulls, he was the clear #2 and he didn't mind and relished that role.
even as a pistons fan, he was one of my favourite players. very much underrated.

not sure how accurate, but the story has been around a long time. bogues being called a "forking midget" by mj forked with his mind so much ultimately ending his career.

edit- i played tournament ball growing up in australia (same league simmons played much later). i was normal height starting out, but quickly became short. pat myself on the back, i was a great defensive player, though dirty (pistons fan). other than ball handling, my shooting was avg outside and being short, inside the baseline and paint, i was useless on offense.

Agree.

Also, I'm amazed at how mild mannered Pippen was and is, yet he was a total assassin on the court.
??.......”Mamba Mentality” ????!!!!

I am disappointed to read & hear some of the cruel comments that MJ made along the way, and shocked, actually........but it goes with the territory, I suppose???

Just like that story Shaq told about talking to Kobe Bryant about never sharing the ball, and Shaq said, “there is no ‘I’ in team.” And Kobe replied, “yeah, but there is a ‘me’ in that #%^*€#%!” So Shaq went back to the other teammates and said, “you are going to have to catch it on the rebound, he ain’t passin’ the ball”. ???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom