Last Dance... ESPN (1 Viewer)

Yes, the first episode was fantastic. There is no love for Jerry Krause in this, though. LOL

MJ scoring 63 against Boston set to LL Cool J's I'm Bad was just incredible! Best part of the show so far!

and i totally forgot how universally well known the Bulls intro was. you hear the first 3 bars, and know EXACTLY what team that is for.

And then just wait for ......." at Guard, from Noooooooorth Caaarolina..."

I always loved Scottie Pippen and understood why he held out. On any other team, he would've been the man. On the Bulls, he was the clear #2 and he didn't mind and relished that role.

I always loved Scottie Pippen and understood why he held out. On any other team, he would've been the man. On the Bulls, he was the clear #2 and he didn't mind and relished that role.

dude signed a 7 YEAR contract worth a whopping $18mm. lol.

20 years later, he woulda had a 7 year worth $180mm

amazing.

and i totally forgot how universally well known the Bulls intro was. you hear the first 3 bars, and know EXACTLY what team that is for.

I wonder if Pink Floyd saw a bump in sales from that. I doubt it.

The Saints used it for the Super bowl intros. Don't recall if they use it for home games too.

Yeah, that Alan Parsons Project song is a great intro. Tried to convince the wife to use it for our reception. Haha. Nope.

The man was CRIMINALLY underpaid.
His fault. He took a 7 year deal. Even the owner (unless he is lying) advised against it.

At the same token, I agree and deserved more.

Last edited:
I wasn't an MJ fan really, Magic and Bird were my guys, the saved the NBA and paved the way for the likes of MJ, Stockton and Malone, Drexler, Barkely, Olajuwon and many others....

that said, MJ had the quickest first step and was the most explosive, quickest jumper that ever played....

Imo, MJ was the best ever. People forget he was a tenacious defender and his competitive nature was second to none. A lot of great players have come and gone over the last 40 years, but none have matched Jordan's level of dominance over an 8 year period like he did.

His fault. He took a 7 year deal. Even the owner (unless he is lying) advised against it.

At the same token, I agree and deserved more.
Right, I understand his mindset in taking the deal. He was worried about injury and all that. But still...Luc freaking Longley was making more money than him. At that point, the owner, in the interest of maintaining positive relations, might want to step in and say, "Hey, with as much as you're helping this team, I think you deserve a little bump in pay." I know it's a business, but really....Luc Longley?

His family story was incredible ?

His dad was in a wheelchair after having a stroke during a family dinner, then his brother was paralyzed in a wrestling match & was in a wheelchair.

There were 12 kids to feed & yet one of the brothers said, “we never realized that we were poor.”

Right, I understand his mindset in taking the deal. He was worried about injury and all that. But still...Luc freaking Longley was making more money than him. At that point, the owner, in the interest of maintaining positive relations, might want to step in and say, "Hey, with as much as you're helping this team, I think you deserve a little bump in pay." I know it's a business, but really....Luc Longley?
I just hope that he is getting paid well now, when he is commenting on the various sports networks, and hopefully he has been helping out his 11 brothers & sisters & his mom & dad, if they are still alive.??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom