Last game of the season-What would ya'll do in this scenario/situation? (1 Viewer)

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
Falcons- 9-6 (2 timeouts)
Saints- 9-6 (1 timeout)

4th quarter. Saints-24, Falcons-23.

40 seconds remaining in the game. Saints have the ball on their own 10-15 yard line. 4th down and inches.

Am I delusional for opting to go for it by calling a QB sneak, and have Drew jump over the line like we did against Seattle and Miami (in 09)?

Go big or go home.

I would punt it 50+ yards and then I would purposely hold all the Atlanta receivers for the next 4 or 5 pass attempts until the clock runs out forcing Atlanta to throw a Hail Mary instead of successfully getting in fg range.

Ohhhhh! I forgot about that rule lol. Well, then that makes the situation pretty clear. Never-mind!

I would punt it 50+ yards and then I would purposely hold all the Atlanta receivers for the next 4 or 5 pass attempts until the clock runs out forcing Atlanta to throw a Hail Mary instead of successfully getting in fg range.

Not gonna lie. That was close to being the most genius and unorthodoxed defensive strategy I've ever seen. I wonder how many times it has been implemented in the past, if ever, and if teams will start to use this as you stated above. And if so then how long before the yardage for a defensive holding penalty gets increased to counteract the blatant advantage it creates.

No brainer....punt it. Morestead will boot it to there 10-15. With the hang time Morestead put on balls it should eat up at least 10 seconds. Defense play prevent keep everything in front.

No brainer....punt it. Morestead will boot it to there 10-15. With the hang time Morestead put on balls it should eat up at least 10 seconds. Defense play prevent keep everything in front.
Seems like every time we play "prevent" defense the only thing we end up preventing is win for us.

Let the O line up n try to get em to jump offsides. IF Drew sees something he likes, I trust him to make a play. Otherwise, use the last timeout n punt.

Give to Kuhn into the line, he flips it back to Drew on the flea flicker, Drew hits Cooks for an 85 yard TD, Saints go up 31-23 with 28 seconds left.

Would be the greatest regular season play in Saints history.

Bottom line, I DO NOT want the game coming down to Matt Bryant.

It depends on if it is a short or long one yard, lol!

Go for the draw them offsides, if that doesn't work, let Drew decide if he wants to go over or behind one of his big uglies!

Sorry defense, but there isn't enough pass rush to take out Matt, Julio, 2 timeouts and Bryant in a dome.

Against the Falcons, I think we'd stand a better chance of going for it. Ryan has a knack for picking up big gainers to put Bryant in position. I think we could pick up the inches and close it out.
I think Coach would punt and trust the D. Not picking up the first is handing them the game.
My preference is a 41-3 laugher...

Fake punt? :idunno:

I think their defense would never suspect it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom