Last Minute Final 53 Prediction (1 Viewer)

I think we pull the ole "no kicker trick" again this year. Like mentioned above, we cut them both and wait for all the other teams to get their 53 set and drop a vet to get a kicker right before the 1st game. This also allows us get that vet back after the 1st game with a contract that is week to week and not fully guaranteed.

Why are we going to keep McCown? He has had a terrible preseason.
At this point just keep Grayson because of the potential and dump McCown.

QB: Brees, McCown, Grayson (3)
RB: Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Lasco (4)
FB: Kuhn (1)
WR: Cooks, Snead, Thomas, Lewis, Coleman (5)
TE: Fleener, Hoomanawanui, Hill (3)
OL: Armstead, Peat, Unger, Strief, Turner, Kelemete, Lelito, Barnes (8)

DL: Jordan, Rankins, Fairley, Oneymata, Jenkins, Kruger, Davison, Edebali, Gwacham (9)
LB: Lauranitis, Anthony, Ellerbe, Robertson, Stupar, Mauti (6)
CB: Breaux, Williams, Crawley, D. Harris, Finnegan, B. Dixon (6)
S: Byrd, Vaccaro, Bell, Harper, E. Harris (5)

ST: Barth, Morstead, Drescher (3)

PS: Allen, Fullington, Elston, Manhertz, Tull, Williams-Lambert, RJ Harris, Cheek, McCain, Mabry (10)

QB (3): Brees, McCown, Grayson
RB (5): Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Lasco, Murphy
FB (1): Kuhn, Johnson*
WR (5): Cooks, Snead, Thomas, Coleman, Lewis, Williams-Lambert*
TE (3): Fleener, Hill, Hoomanawanui, Manhertz*
OL (7): Armstead, Peat, Unger, Lelito, Strief, Kelemete, Barnes, Turner*, Cheek*, Allen*

DL (9): Jordan, Fairley, Davison, Kruger, Edebali, Jenkins, Onyemata, Gwachum, Richardson, Mabry*, Tull*
LB (6): Anthony, Laurinaitis, Ellerbe, Robertson, Stupar, Mauti, McCain*
CB (6): Breaux, Williams, D. Harris, Finnegan, Crawley, Dixon
S (5): Vaccaro, Byrd, Bell, Harper, E. Harris, Elston*

ST (3): Forbath, Morstead, Drescher

IR (1): Rankins (short-term)

Still plenty of room for movement. Could see us acquiring one or even two offensive linemen, dumping street free agent Barnes and someone at another position, like Richardson. Perhaps a blocking tight end depending on Hooman's health.

Offense: 24
QB: Brees, McCown
RB: Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Murphy, Lasco
FB: Johnson
WR: Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Lewis, Coleman
TE: Fleener, Hill, Manhertz
OT: Armstead, Strief, Barnes
OG: Peat, Kelememte, Lelito, Turner
C: Unger

Defense: 26
LDE: Jordan, Tapp
RDE: Edebali, Kruger, Gwachum
DT: Davidson, Fairely, Jenkins, Onyemata, Rankins
LB: Anthony, Ellerbe, Laurenitis, Mauti, Robertson, Stupar
CB: Breaux, Williams, Finnegan, Crawley, Harris
S: Byrd, Vacarro, Harper, Bell, Harris

K: Forbath
P: Morestead
LS: Drescher

Almost kept Cadet instead of Murphy, if Murphy fumbles early on I could see them still making the switch and picking up Cadet of the street. The toughest cut to make was Bobby Richardson. Is he PS eligible?

I green thumbed you since you are the only one to go out on a limb and say we will only keep 2 qbs. We can probably get by with slipping Grayson to the PS, and it's probably for the best.

I green thumbed you since you are the only one to go out on a limb and say we will only keep 2 qbs. We can probably get by with slipping Grayson to the PS, and it's probably for the best.

I think they cut Grayson too, though I don't know that he's a PS candidate. If Brees or McCown have to miss time, they could sign a guy off the street that would be as good as Grayson IMO. No need to weigh down the 53-man roster with him.

My 53 before additions from other teams and the subtraction that coincides with those signings:

Offense (24)
QB: Brees, McCown (2)
RB: Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Lasco (4)
FB: Kuhn (1)
TE: Fleener, Hill, Manhertz (3)
WR: Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Coleman, Lewis (5)
OL: Armstead, Peat, Unger, Lelito, Kelemete, Streif, Fullington, Hills, Barnes (9)

Defense (26)
DE: Jordan, Kruger, Edebali, Gwacham, Tapp (5)
DT: Rankins, Davison, Jenkins, Rankins, Onyemata (5)
LB: Anthony, Ellerbe, Lauranitis, Robertson, Stupar, Mauti (6)
CB: Breaux, Williams, Crawley, D. Harris, Finnegan (5)
S: Byrd, Vaccaro, Harper, Bell, E. Harris (5)

ST: (3)
Kicker: Barth
Punter: Morestead
Snapper: Drescher

Murphy might get another shot if Rankins (or Hoomanawoocheeplayaukelele) goes on IR/DTR. I kept Manhertz believing Hoomanawanui does go on IR and the Saints expect Rankins back sooner. Although there have been times when the Saints had nine OLs, I think doing it now would be temporary while they settle the roster after seeing if they can upgrade along the front.

On defense, Tapp has played well enough to stick IMO and I think Richardson is the one to lose his spot to make room.

Lasco makes the team and will shine on special teams early in the season , eventually playing offense as the year unfolds! He will make the 53

I like it...but you have Rankins twice.

LOL!! One was supposed to be Fairley. At the time of the morning I made the post, I'm shocked that there aren't more errors.

But I agree with duckjr. Rankins will be good enough to list twice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom