Last night I almost quit watching the NFL and I guess Saints since they are part of it. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I tell y'all what. If the ref would not have overturned the 4th down spot and gave the Packers the 1st down I was going to rage quit. That call would have been as bad as the NFC Championship in terms of how obvious it was. He was clearly a yard or even a yard and a half short yet they originally gave them the first down. During the timeout I told my friends I was gonna quit if the call was not overturned. But thankfully it was. I'm an index card away from quitting or at least just watching Saints with zero expectations and expecting to get screwed over. I think I'm leaning to the NFL swaying some games. I used to be 50/50 but now ever since 2018 I've doubted the league more and more.

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Outlaw, just look at football/sports as entertainment and try not to get emotionally involve. That way, win or lose, you won’t fly into rage or get depress.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Every close call went green bay way. It was clear the refs had some sort of bias, even if unconscious.
This can happen.

This is why I can still feel there is no conspiracy. Because it's a far cry from an official who keeps his favorite team(s) close to his heart as compared to a league agenda of predetermined judicial crippling of one team over another in a football game.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Outlaw, just look at football/sports as entertainment and try not to get emotionally involve. That way, win or lose, you won’t fly into rage or get depress.
Very much this.

There was a time when the game on Sunday dictated my mood on Monday, but that was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Saint Floyd

Who Dat
Reaction score
I love the Saints so much—from the city and culture to the fan base and general flavor—that I always find a way to hold on.

Anymore, it’s getting really hard for the aforementioned franchise strengths to overcome the rotting fish that is the NFL as an organization. Roger Goodell has ushered in an aura of authoritarianism, hypocrisy, and bloated corporatism at the expense of the fans and individual cities/taxpayers.

I’m right on the edge of being done with this league.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Very much this.

There was a time that the game on Sunday dictated my mood on Monday, but that was a long time ago.

And believe it or not, its not that hard to do.

Divest yourself from it and i can assure you will be better for it.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
I am pretty much done with thinking it is anything more than a vehicle to sell ads to companies. That is what is has been for decades, but it used to be about sports.

I would feel much better about it if the Saints just "took a knee" in a game and quit. Just sat down after a series of terrible calls. If they had not overturned that 4th down spot, the Saints should have walked off the field.

It all started with the "Bounty" Farce. I kind of understood that in a way, lets make an example out of a team, Saints are an easy target. We need cover for the concussion lawsuits and we just "gave" them a Super Bowl. That was the thinking in the NFL head office bunker. Saints did not bend a knee when we told them to do so, so lets hammer them.

Then Los Angeles needed to sell some PSL's baby, let's give them a Super Bowl. Too bad it was the Saints who had to take the shot again. That was almost understandable. Los Angeles is a terrible football market and I guess a gifted Super Bowl was the least they could do.

This year, the Refs in Week 1 did not get the Memo. This is Tom Terrific's Year. Saints are not going to win the Division.

Glad in a way to see that I am not alone here. My interest level in the NFL has dropped by 90%+ over the last decade or so. My interest level in the Saints has dropped over 50% easily. I am almost done. I am looking at maybe buying a boat to start fishing on Sundays. I won't bring a radio to keep up with the NFL and I sure won't check the scores on my phone.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am pretty much done with thinking it is anything more than a vehicle to sell ads to companies. That is what is has been for decades, but it used to be about sports.

I would feel much better about it if the Saints just "took a knee" in a game and quit. Just sat down after a series of terrible calls. If they had not overturned that 4th down spot, the Saints should have walked off the field.

It all started with the "Bounty" Farce. I kind of understood that in a way, lets make an example out of a team, Saints are an easy target. We need cover for the concussion lawsuits and we just "gave" them a Super Bowl. That was the thinking in the NFL head office bunker. Saints did not bend a knee when we told them to do so, so lets hammer them.

Then Los Angeles needed to sell some PSL's baby, let's give them a Super Bowl. Too bad it was the Saints who had to take the shot again. That was almost understandable. Los Angeles is a terrible football market and I guess a gifted Super Bowl was the least they could do.

This year, the Refs in Week 1 did not get the Memo. This is Tom Terrific's Year. Saints are not going to win the Division.

Glad in a way to see that I am not alone here. My interest level in the NFL has dropped by 90%+ over the last decade or so. My interest level in the Saints has dropped over 50% easily. I am almost done. I am looking at maybe buying a boat to start fishing on Sundays. I won't bring a radio to keep up with the NFL and I sure won't check the scores on my phone.
This^ sounds so much like someone who is struggling to recover from alcoholism.

Isn't it easier to convince yourself that the officials are just dumb??? :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Penalty for C.J. Gardner-Johnson helmet toss wouldn’t have extended last night’s game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 General player grades last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Super44 Nominal amount of penalties last night. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Last two games..... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
jasonsw Brees last 4 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 87
Saintsphere More details emerge about last week's Mike Thomas incident Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 208
HouseCall A few observations about last nights broadcast... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
UFCSaint I wonder when the last time Brady was 5 games into a season without the division lead? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
DA [MOD EDIT] on the last drive in regulation... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
jasonsw N/S Matt Ryan's stats last 3 games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
Bill More evidence of how good LSU was last year Collegiate Sports Board 11
lonestarcajun Monday Night football gave us a great reminder Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Saints Film Room: Breakdown of the 5 most important plays from Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Rams vs. 49ers: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LifeForceDave 2 Monday night games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Bills vs. Titans: Tuesday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Jack N/S Tuesday Night Football: Bills @ Titans Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Justin Herbert's 4th TD pass against Saints breaks Monday Night Football rookie record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Chargers Monday Night Football Inactives List: Marshon Lattimore, Jared Cook, and Marcus Davenport are active. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Chargers: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill Analysis ***Official Chargers @ Saints Monday Night Game Thread*** Gameday Board 2784
Jared Cook, Sheldon Rankins are expected to play Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Three things to watch in Saints vs. Chargers Monday night showdown Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Vikings vs. Seahawks: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Best bets for Monday Night Football: Chargers at Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas ruled out for Monday night after altercation with teammate Saints RSS News Feeds 0
So_$@int Silly Saints Monday night game.. CHARGERS Vs. SAINTS Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Saints rule out Michael Thomas for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Chargers on Monday night: Here are four things we're keeping an eye on Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Injury report: 3 Saints ruled out, 6 are questionable for Monday night against Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints favored heavily in Monday Night Football contest vs. Los Angeles Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No one can match Monday night milestones of Saints' Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers vs. Bears: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Red Zone Defense must Improve for the New Orleans Saints on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints’ Michael Burton’s harrowing night implores a deeper discussion on the effect of COVID outbreaks on players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints won’t relocate to Indianapolis for Monday night’s game Saints RSS News Feeds 0