Last night I almost quit watching the NFL and I guess Saints since they are part of it. (2 Viewers)

I’m finding it much easier to accept this crap when I’m not dishing out thousands of bucks on tickets, gas, hotels, meals, and wasting vacation days on the team. When you can just turn the TV off and move on, life is better.

I'm done when Drew is done... I'm also boycotting watching any other game other than Saints. And I'm not going out of my way to catch the Saints either. I work on Sunday's so if the Saints are on prime time (Sunday / Monday nights) then I may watch. But after watching these past two games I will say the ref's have it out for us. That horse collar penalty was ridiculous. Even more so that it couldn't be reviewed. Several other blown calls to boot. Did anyone expect the Raiders to lose in their home opener in their new stadium? House always wins. My love for the game is about gone and I'm tired of investing my soul into something that has no reward and only divides me and my wife. My mood lately (2020 ) and the past 3 or so seasons ( getting screwed in the playoffs) has diminished substantially.

This.

I’ve been a fan through the dark ages and through the good. Never once have I “quit” on them.

Been upset because of gameplay? Sure
Decided to become a bandwagon fan and quit? Never once

I've never quit on the Saints or the NFL, though I have thought about doing so. However, they have quit on me. Corrupt players, the appearance of corrupt officials, and a corrupt main office are a constant strain on my loyalty.

Someone said we should emotionally detach. That does help with the losses, but making the losses easier to bear also makes the victories less sweet.

At the risk of sounding like an old fogey, I wish things would return to simpler times when I trusted the officials and didn't think the players hated my guts. When a play was close, it would stand as called. They need to stop overturning questionable calls, period! The yard short play Monday night was a prime example of how instant replay should be used!

Last edited:
I'll stay after Drew leaves but only if the team sticks with character guys who love football. After Katrina I swore I would never get rid of my tickets. But if they ever go back to the Gallette-Connell types again then I'd consider dropping them -- the refs just have too much sway over the games.

Conscious bias, unconscious bias, incompetency -- the why really doesn't matter to me. I find myself feeling like my kids used to sound playing video games when they were little -- "But, Dad, the game is cheating!!!"

Perused this whole thread and picked this one to reply to since it mentions "character guys". With all the crepe going on over the last few months and the NFL throwing in completely with this social signaling epidemic - topped off by Brees apologizing for standing up to it - I'm just saddened by how many Americans can still stomach watching these celebrity athletes/talking heads and support the whole charade. What will it take before it's too much to stomach? I'm got there before this season... done with NFL.
Old saying that is so apropo for the sports world in general --- 'don't pee down my leg and tell me it's raining'. Now, have at it.

I tell y'all what. If the ref would not have overturned the 4th down spot and gave the Packers the 1st down I was going to rage quit. That call would have been as bad as the NFC Championship in terms of how obvious it was. He was clearly a yard or even a yard and a half short yet they originally gave them the first down. During the timeout I told my friends I was gonna quit if the call was not overturned. But thankfully it was. I'm an index card away from quitting or at least just watching Saints with zero expectations and expecting to get screwed over. I think I'm leaning to the NFL swaying some games. I used to be 50/50 but now ever since 2018 I've doubted the league more and more.

I am at the exact same point. It has just gotten to the point that beyond the Saints I simply don't care.

Perused this whole thread and picked this one to reply to since it mentions "character guys". With all the crepe going on over the last few months and the NFL throwing in completely with this social signaling epidemic - topped off by Brees apologizing for standing up to it - I'm just saddened by how many Americans can still stomach watching these celebrity athletes/talking heads and support the whole charade. What will it take before it's too much to stomach? I'm got there before this season... done with NFL.
Old saying that is so apropo for the sports world in general --- 'don't pee down my leg and tell me it's raining'. Now, have at it.
1. We appear to have different definitions for “character”.

2. If you’re “done with (the) NFL”, why are you spending time on a Saints forum?

This^ sounds so much like someone who is struggling to recover from alcoholism.

Isn't it easier to convince yourself that the officials are just dumb??? :unsure:
How could it be that the officials are just dumb? They get promoted from college. Most of us also watch on saturday and there aren’t all the egregious phantom calls on Saturday, but then we’re supposed to believe when the same guy starts calling games on Sunday he all of a sudden forgets what a horse collar is or forgets he’s suppose to actually SEE the horse collar to flag it?

How can it be coincedence we are always on the bad end of officiating ? 3 really bad calls plus and no call on the pass interference pushoff TD. this is year after year and I am just about done with this B.S.

2. If you’re “done with (the) NFL”, why are you spending time on a Saints forum?
That is strange take for a staff member. Not sure I have ever seen a staff member or mod encourage people to leave their platform. But, hey, it is 2020.

How could it be that the officials are just dumb? They get promoted from college. Most of us also watch on saturday and there aren’t all the egregious phantom calls on Saturday, but then we’re supposed to believe when the same guy starts calling games on Sunday he all of a sudden forgets what a horse collar is or forgets he’s suppose to actually SEE the horse collar to flag it?
So, why are you still watching this 'farce'?:unsure:
If I believed what you (obviously) believe, I know I wouldn't.

He likes talking to the people on this forum. That doesn’t seem unreasonable.

First time I’ve ever seen a team be awarded a first down for a -1 yard carry.. Its a good thing they overturned it, because it was going to get ugly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom