Last nights loss was a good thing for this team.... (1 Viewer)

SWJJ

Toxic Optimist
Reaction score
We always play better when we feel like we have a chip on our shoulder or feel we have been slighted in some manner. The officiating was GARBAGE (on both sides tho TBH) and SP can use these loss and bad officiating as fuel to motivate us to work harder This will serve as a wake up call! We needed to see this type of defense before we run up against these cowboys, or the bears in the playoffs. Now we have time to plan on how to approach the game, when Brees is getting constant pressure up the middle.

This loss showed us we have areas we need to focus and concentrate on, and it helped us identify weaknesses that we can shore up with proper planning before we get to the playoffs.

We have a very comfortable lead in the division, and own the tie breaker with the Rams if they cant win out.

I hate the term "good loss" but last night was a good loss for us, and it came against a great defense and a team playing their best, when we were not playing our best.

Last time Dallas broke our win streak we won the super bowl.

Let's use this as a learning moment!

Championship!

We always play better when we feel like we have a chip on our shoulder or feel we have been slighted in some manner.
Absolute truth. Saints also often perform poorly when strongly favored.

I don't understand why sports teams need wakeup calls. In what other industry can you fail so badly at your job, do the opposite of what you're supposed to do, then use it as motivation to get it right the next time? Assuming that's what they'll do. We have no reason to believe they will.

Hearing Dallas talk trash, wanting to avenge the 2009 loss and Sean supposedly being a master motivator should have been good enough to play like a professional sports team last night, but it wasn't. They know what it feels like to lose. They shouldn't need constant reminders and wake up calls. Did Sean not already know that Brees performs poorly when pressured up the middle? Did he really need to be reminded of that?

Does an airline pilot need to be reminded not to crash? Does a surgeon need to be reminded what kidneys look like? Does a waiter need to be reminded of the difference between a fork and knife?

They already practice doing their job almost everyday. So where do you go from there. What else can they do? They know the #1 seed was on the line and it didn't make a bit of difference.

Why are people on here so hung up on the 2009 loss?

Dallas don't have a SINGLE player on their team from 2009. We have never met them in the playoffs, yet they are talked about on here like they're our biggest rival or something. It's like how fans of AFC teams stay hung up on the Patriots...except one thing; Dallas is a mediocre joke and has been that since the day Jerrah fired Jimmy Johnson. 2 playoff wins in 23 years. Other teams fan bases obsess with the dynasty, we're hung up on a team that is a complete shell of their former glory, just a distant memory.

They kicked our butts last night, as they did in 2009. That game wouldn't even been close in 2009 if they make the field goal in the end to ice it.

I get so tired of hearing about Dallas fans. I actually know Dallas fans, who are old timers and this win changes nothing for them because Jason Garrett is still head coach. Talk to Dallas fans who don't drink the Jerry and Garrett kool aid, they're well aware how they are going nowhere because the owner/GM and head coach are clowns. They'll find a way to screw this up, mark my words.

Why are people on here so hung up on the 2009 loss?

Dallas don't have a SINGLE player on their team from 2009. We have never met them in the playoffs, yet they are talked about on here like they're our biggest rival or something. It's like how fans of AFC teams stay hung up on the Patriots...except one thing; Dallas is a mediocre joke and has been that since the day Jerrah fired Jimmy Johnson. 2 playoff wins in 23 years. Other teams fan bases obsess with the dynasty, we're hung up on a team that is a complete shell of their former glory, just a distant memory.

They kicked our butts last night, as they did in 2009. That game wouldn't even been close in 2009 if they make the field goal in the end to ice it.

I get so tired of hearing about Dallas fans. I actually know Dallas fans, who are old timers and this win changes nothing for them because Jason Garrett is still head coach. Talk to Dallas fans who don't drink the Jerry and Garrett kool aid, they're well aware how they are going nowhere because the owner/GM and head coach are clowns. They'll find a way to screw this up, mark my words.

No one's "hung up" on the 2009 loss. We won the SB in part because of that loss. But it was memorable, all the same. And comparable to this one. There are similarities between the two, including Roy Williams trash talking in 09 and Lawrence trash talking before this one.

Saints fans can hate Dallas fans. You don't have to have met a team in the playoffs to hate them. Where do you get these "rules" from? Why do you act like you know everything? Mr. Know It All. Always up in threads about Dallas talking about how many "old timers" you know. What does that have to do with anything? It's almost as if you have a veiled soft spot for them or something.

We already know Dallas is going to screw it up. That's their M.O. Duh. It's not exactly breaking news. Doesn't mean we can't be irked in the meantime. For as many "old-timers" who understand this win doesn't guarantee anything - they aren't the majority. They are the exception. It doesn't matter what they think. Or what we think. It's just words. Venting. Expressing frustration. Letting out the hate. Whatever. Let us be.

This is pathetic. There is nothing good about giving up being in position for the #1 seed and relying on other teams to help you out along the way. If I team can’t handle a win streak then they aren’t mentally tough enough to win a super bowl.

We could of lost and still had a wake up call. Sick of hearing about 2009 coincidences. Does it also mean the Colts are gonna win the AFC? Does it mean the Vikings are gonna get to the NFC Championship game and throw a late interception? No. It was 9 years ago and thankfully we had the #1 seed. Currently, we don’t so are relying on other teams to beat the Rams, because we lost last night. There was nothing good about that loss last night.

Yeah, I agree the 2009 coincidences are people just grasping for something to cling to at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom