Last Saints/Bucs game on National TV (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, the Saints since Brees arrived have not faced Tampa Bay on any National TV game at all outside of Sunday afternoon games.

This has to be longest streak of any division rivals that play all there games on Sundays. The only streak that could be longer I'm guessing is Browns/Bengals.

From Pro Football Reference, the only time we've ever played the Buccaneers on any day other than Sunday was on Christmas Eve in 2016. Likely only because Christmas fell on the Sunday that year.

Looking through the boxscores of those games at the start time, apparently the first (and only) time we played the Buccaneers in primetime was our second meeting in 2002 on Sunday Night Football during their Super Bowl season. That's the game my signature picture came from.

Also looking at the Browns-Bengals, I see they played on a Thursday night in 2014 and 2015 so ours with Tampa is still longer.

I remember a SNF game in 2003, I think. But, other than that, yeah you're right. That's really. It.

Hadn't given that much thought........but yeah, now that it's been mentioned....all I remember are Sunday games......typically at Noon.

The first meeting between them (within the "Brees arrival on forward" parameters) was the one where Reggie Bush scored his first NFL TD........on a punt return late in the game. Actually ended up being the game-winning TD.....since no one else scored and the Saints were down prior to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom