Last time Tampa went to the SB (1 Viewer)

Well, in that season they didn’t beat us in the playoffs - so it kind of invalidates the whole thing.
We very well might have played them in the postseason in 2002 like this year, but a far less intelligent, over cautious, unsure, self-doubting HC, who later on admitted he should've started Delhomme instead of sticking with an injured QB because he wanted to avoid another QB controversy, and as a result, our team experienced another late-season, December collapse which was probably more painful, and agonizing then the one endured the season before where our players just quit.

In total hindsight, even if we win 1 or 2 of those 3 games we lost, a wholesale analysis of how loaded that legendary late 90's/early 2000's Bucs defense, I think we lose that game, too.

2002 was also the last year Cleveland went to the playoffs before this year, and they faced the Steelers in the first round just like this year but the Steelers actually won that one.

2002 was also the last year Cleveland went to the playoffs before this year, and they faced the Steelers in the first round just like this year but the Steelers actually won that one.

Dont believe in that stuff, but i can tell you right now, Tampa is NOT beating KC. No way, no chance

I rewatched I believe, an old NFL Films classic showing of the entire 2002 Browns/Steelers WC game a few weeks ago and the overall impression I got was that Browns should've won that game. They had like like a 11-point lead going into the 4th quarter, a couple of opportunities to add more points to their lead and didnt and to their credit, Pittsburgh's Tommy Maddox did an superb job spurring on his offense and Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress had some of their best performances individuals of their careers because they were making unbelievable, near-impossible catches to help move the ball down the field effectively in a hurry to enable Steelers score the go-ahead TD with less a minute left.
Browns defense, particularly the secondary, just got worn down and broke midway through the 4th quarter and IIRC, I think Browns couldve put the game away when they still had a small lead around 3:00 left when Northcutt dropped an easy 3rd and 15 pass from Kelly Holcomb that would have led to a 1st down and conceivably, might've made that eventual game-winning TD by Steelers a lot harder and perhaps won.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom