Last time we played the Bengals (1 Viewer)

GoldenWarrior

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I am not sure if my memory is right but I beleive the last time we played the Bengals we were fighting for a playoff spot in 2002 and we went on a big losing streak and missed the playoffs and this was against a bad Bengal team.

Brooks was playin hurt then, we are a better team now and so is the the Bengals but the situation remains the same.

I don't think 30 points will be enough this week unless we cause a lot of turnovers.

I think its better to focus more on the passing game and try to stop Palmer and let Johnson get his yards on the ground.

this would be a great game to get are running game back in track and keep there offense off the field.

I know this is our last AFC game but this game is huge, I don't like the sound of losing 3 of our last 4 heading into ATL.

That game still ****** me off. Boo Williams dropped a perfect pass and would've scored and we probably would've won.

I remember the loss, but I specifically remember some no name running back putting up huge yardage against us. I think he was the backup's backup. Who was that guy?

If I remember correctly some big unknown fullback ran all over us. Nick Luchey. We had no run defense up the middle at that time.

If I remember correctly some big unknown fullback ran all over us. Nick Luchey. We had no run defense up the middle at that time.

That's his name!!! I was trying to remember it since I saw this topic!

AB finished the game 0 for 11 on his last 11 attempts. All the while HAZ is saying we'll be fine, he isn't seriously injured, he gives us the best chance to win, etc. Turley called us the Bungles. I think it was the Bengals only other win that year.

I was there...

It was cold miserable day. Boo's drop and Aaron's misfires are vivid memories. And the Bengals were bad that year.

How about these highlights

The Saints fumbled five times, John Carney hit the upright on a field-goal attempt, and Toby Gowin had a 27-yard punt that set up the Bengals' winning drive.

Deuce had 26 yards rushing.

It's payback time this week !!!!!

I also remember AB THROWING THE BALL AWAY to avoid a sack on a 4th down play.

Vivid memories of Nick (Who?) Luchey just pwning Darren Howard for a touchdown. Met him in the hole, stood him up, then shoved him backwards like a little girl.

Right about then I discovered that our defense had no heart.

I was at that game. Froze my butt off and decided I was ready for Aaron Brooks to be traded ASAP. I never trusted him after that game to take us anywhere

Yeah the power runner nick luchey was not only a 3rd string player; he wasn't even a back he was the 3rd string tight end playing his first game at running back. If memory serves it was the week after the 2 point conversion by Cullpepper that nearly cost my television its life. Of fond memories

I was at that game. Froze my butt off and decided I was ready for Aaron Brooks to be traded ASAP. I never trusted him after that game to take us anywhere

I was ready for Brooks to be traded(but there was no way, signed already, haslett was too stubborn) long before this but I remember thinking this was one of the lowest points I could remember as a Saints fan, the 2nd year in a row that we bombed out and missed the playoffs and we had "capable backup"(in the words of one famous local media guy) that could have easily come in and give us that spark we needed, I mean all we managed was 2 field goals, what was the final score 13-6?? The Bengels being one of the worst teams in the league that year.....

Last edited:
Yeah the power runner nick luchey was not only a 3rd string player; he wasn't even a back he was the 3rd string tight end playing his first game at running back. If memory serves it was the week after the 2 point conversion by Cullpepper that nearly cost my television its life. Of fond memories

Bingo, you are right, we were so damn close to winning that game Cullpepper ran it for 2 to win, I couldn't believe it.....

I just checked the NFL.com the final score was 20-13, I knew somewhere there was a 13.....Also that loss to Carolina the next week was terrible as well, I specifically remember the offense being even worse then the Bengels game and Brooks throwing the game losing touchdown with the final seconds ticking down and going over right after the game was over shaking the guys hand, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.....:no:

Also I can't remember but I think the Falcons were playing the Browns and if they(Falcons) lost and we won we would've made it and I think the Falcons lost and we lost and they had a tie breaker......Don't remember exactly but I thought it was something like that.....

I might have the Bengels game mixed up with the Panthers game don't know...:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom