Latavius Murray should be our go-to back; there, I said it. (1 Viewer)

Not to make excuses, because the team should have added him to the roster, but, Murray left of his own volition. And that's the right call for him.
Yep, he probably saw this train wreck of a team this season. He definitely took care of himself and made the right decision for him. His play in London showed just how screwed up our RB group is.
1. Ingram, old and worn out and fumbling now.
2. Kamara, injuries starting to pile up, but our genius coach wil keep running him between the tackles.
3. The rest of the unnamed running back committee are barley serviceable.

I know the HC can’t just come out and say we have a bad team and leadership, but the eyes don’t lie. Rough season or two ahead of us.

Not to make excuses, because the team should have added him to the roster, but, Murray left of his own volition. And that's the right call for him.
Yes he'll be the starter there.

Versus a team who thinks nothing of you by placing you on the PS after having a performance like that.

This should get DA fired at this point. The stupidity on the staff is at a new level. Can’t even manage a basic roster. Now we’re stuck with fumbling Ingram and hurt kamara. Guess we have to embrace the suck, because it’s happening.
Go read some of Nick's tweets on the topic. Murray went right back to the PS after the game was over, and even if the Saints wanted to sign him to the active roster he was not required to sign. His agent could have likely told him to wait a day or so to see if there was any other interest after his performance on Sunday, and as it turns out there was a team with probably a better opportunity towards getting playing time.

Saints to Murray - " just a heads up we'll be placing you back on the practice squad next week...we'll let you know. We're not sure with AK so we may call you up again to active...."

Murray to Saints - "I'm good with that!"

Murray to agent - "Yep ...they moved me back to the PS ..let's hit up Denver....oh you already did....cool...let's get that money." ;)

Go read some of Nick's tweets on the topic. Murray went right back to the PS after the game was over, and even if the Saints wanted to sign him to the active roster he was not required to sign. His agent could have likely told him to wait a day or so to see if there was any other interest after his performance on Sunday, and as it turns out there was a team with probably a better opportunity towards getting playing time.
That’s the dumb part, the saints put him right back on the practice squad after that. They should have kept him on the active squad. For the rest of the season, Ingram and the rest of the backs will be compared to what Murray did in the London game. I hope he balls put in Denver, would show even more how DA should not be the HC going forward.

Not just the playing time; shouldn't being on an active roster get him more money this season?

That’s the dumb part, the saints put him right back on the practice squad after that. They should have kept him on the active squad. For the rest of the season, Ingram and the rest of the backs will be compared to what Murray did in the London game. I hope he balls put in Denver, would show even more how DA should not be the HC going forward.
Yup - this is again such poor management by DA and company. Do they not think other teams are watching games ? Especially while no other games are going on? Pretty sure it was quite clear how good he looked in that game against the minne. This is mind boggling to me.

So now he will most likely be a go to back… for Denver. Sigh.

Again, we don't have the option to just keep him on the active squad. He'd need to sign a contract to get a spot on the 53 man roster, and after the good showing on Sunday he didn't sign anything immediately. He got another offer to join the Broncos and took it.

It sucks, but frankly is a risk of putting a good player on the PS.

interesting numbers...tells a story a bit. I like how Murray does business tbh if i'm analyzing this data correctly.

Murray original saints contract was 2019-2022 (4yr/14M), in 2021 (he was in baltimore and pulled 1M there) saints had dead cap of 900K and also in 2022 from his 2019 contract.

his practice squad deal was a little under 60K (now dead cap) , now signed 9yr vet minimum 1yr 1.2M deal base salary 870K with denver 2022

Get your money man.

spotrac.com

interesting numbers...tells a story a bit. I like how Murray does business tbh if i'm analyzing this data correctly.

Murray original saints contract was 2019-2022 (4yr/14M), in 2021 (he was in baltimore and pulled 1M there) saints had dead cap of 900K and also in 2022 from his 2019 contract.

his practice squad deal was a little under 60K (now dead cap) , now signed 9yr vet minimum 1yr 1.2M deal base salary 870K with denver 2022

Get your money man.

spotrac.com
I hated seeing him going the first time and didn't realize he was going back to PS but this is about a good of a business decision one could make. Can never hate on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom