Late 80-Early 90 NBA....... (1 Viewer)

Oh yeah. Some of those Europeans love their cigs.

Okay, so best all-time Euro center: Vlade or Sabonis? Pao?

The rest:
Tony Parker
Peja (or Drazen Petrovic)
Detlef
Dirk
?_________________

Giannis better than all of them?

Dirk is a power forward.

In terms of "best" as in "who is the best basketball player of all of them", it's definitely Giannis. Best career? That's a really tough one between Divac and Gasol. Really tough. I'd probably give it to Pau, but if you ask me again tomorrow I might go Vlade.

Best foreign center would easily be Hakeem.

Dirk is a power forward.

In terms of "best" as in "who is the best basketball player of all of them", it's definitely Giannis. Best career? That's a really tough one between Divac and Gasol. Really tough. I'd probably give it to Pau, but if you ask me again tomorrow I might go Vlade.

Yeah, that's why I had Dirk listed at the 4.

I'm comfortable with my choices at 1 -4, but center is hard. I think y'all are sleeping on Sabonis - that dude had mad game.

Agree about Hakeem.

I did some work for his charity school for underprivileged kids in SA wayyy back in my early career when I did networking and IT stuff. He came into where I was working, introduced himself (he is intimidatingly enormous even to me at 6'3") and hung around asking me about what I was doing for like 30 minutes. Not to micromanage but because he wanted to know how all of it worked. Later he ordered pizza for me and a couple of his staff and we ate lunch for about an hour in the teacher's lounge just talking. Longhorn football, the school, some stuff about the servers I was putting in. Basketball never even came up. He is beyond proud of his school and is individually invested in every single kid there. Like knows their name, their story, and has interpersonal relationships with them.

Went back several more times over the next year or so. He was there probably half the time. That place was not just his pet project or tax shelter - he is invested in it emotionally and personally. Remembered my name and things about me that I told him one time. Just an incredible, incredible dude. Have a picture of me and him somewhere.

I'm also eskimo brothers with Drew Brees and played football against him in high school. Don't know if he's a cool dude or not. Actually heard he's kind of a prick - but that was back in high school. :hihi:
Waaaaay cool 👍

It is great to hear a story about an athlete who is that caring & emotionally invested in the kids, and who is not just trying to get on TV, or get their name in the press. 😍

Dirk is a power forward.

When Dirk was getting an award, or retiring or something, a bunch of guys were honoring him.

So Charles Barkley says that Dirk was not going to play basketball, he was going to go into the army. So Barkley said he told Dirk, “there....are....no....7 foot....guys....in....the....Army”. 🤣

Barkley cracks me up, I love his dry sense of humor. 😍.

I spent 1987-1991 in Chicago.
1987 and 1988 I worked part-time as a doorman at a Division St. club called P.S. Chicago.
Happy hour once a week they would bring in a pro athlete to sign autographs for 90 minutes. I actually carded Greg Maddux when he showed up.

There was a stretch of a couple months when it was the Bulls. I got to meet Pax, Hodges, Purdue, Cartwight, Oak, Grant and Sellers. MJ and Scottie never came.

I packed up the uhaul and moved to South Florida just as the 1991 finals got under way. I was so bummed that I had to miss out on the championship party.

We went to 4-5 games each year, mostly standing room only, as we couldn't afford anything else. In my mind, MJ is the 🐐 of all goats.

Woah, never knew that.

So I looked it up and Malone was 21 when she was 13. I wonder if he got in trouble for that? I had a friend who was 21 and was charged with statutory rape in PA around 20 years ago. For 10 years he had to report his location and status. He had met her at a party and she told him she was 18. But the court convicted him of misdemeanor statutory rape.

13 years old though. Didn't Malone say he married her or something? It's been a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom