Late 80-Early 90 NBA....... (1 Viewer)

Woah, never knew that.
That story is sickening. A 13 year old girl is just a child herself, and then to put her through child birth.......painful & awful.

It is understandable why the family did not press charges......and least they finally got some $$$ to feed the kid.

After “a hunting & fishing trip” the father & son now text & talk everyday. Well.....better late than never, I guess.

That story is sickening. A 13 year old girl is just a child herself, and then to put her through child birth.......painful & awful.

It is understandable why the family did not press charges......and least they finally got some $$$ to feed the kid.

After “a hunting & fishing trip” the father & son now text & talk everyday. Well.....better late than never, I guess.

Yeah, I guess that was the difference between his case and my friend's case. The girl's family refused to drop the charges.

Yeah, I guess that was the difference between his case and my friend's case. The girl's family refused to drop the charges.
That sucks.....if the girl said she was 18. Sure sounds like her family did not want to take any responsibility for her role in the case.

Malone also had twins with a 17 yr old.

Malone has 7 kids by 3 different moms.

That sucks.....if the girl said she was 18. Sure sounds like her family did not want to take any responsibility for her role in the case.

Malone also had twins with a 17 yr old.

Malone has 7 kids by 3 different moms.

Crazy. What a mess.

Your season was about to come to an end when you'd hear this.

Dude you ain't lying. I remember during an interview with Jordan hearing him say "when I'm at the top of my game, you are at the mercy of whatever I might choose to do to you" and anyone who ever tried to guard him knew it was true. There is not a player playing today or who has ever played the game of basketball that I would pick before Jordan. The closest thing to Jordan has been Kobe....who wanted to be like Jordan.

Dude you ain't lying. I remember during an interview with Jordan hearing him say "when I'm at the top of my game, you are at the mercy of whatever I might choose to do to you" and anyone who ever tried to guard him knew it was true. There is not a player playing today or who has ever played the game of basketball that I would pick before Jordan. The closest thing to Jordan has been Kobe....who wanted to be like Jordan.

I miss that NBA....the game now doesn't even really resemble the game back then. The physicality for the most part is gone....

It would be tough to decide which player I would take to start a team, MJ would be on a very short list but I think that 6'9" PG that won 5 titles with the Lakers (and I was a Celtic fan back then) with probably the best court vision in history would be my choice...

I miss that NBA....the game now doesn't even really resemble the game back then. The physicality for the most part is gone....

It would be tough to decide which player I would take to start a team, MJ would be on a very short list but I think that 6'9" PG that won 5 titles with the Lakers (and I was a Celtic fan back then) with probably the best court vision in history would be my choice...

Sweet! I pick next. MJ and Kobe.

Now you pick 2

I'm probably in the minority here but I prefer the NBA now to the knock the down, no layups type of "defense" back then. All of the grabbing and holding, punching and cheap shots just destroy the flow of the game. It just cheapens it. You're too slow to keep up with a player so just grab him or foul him. Lame. How about get better at playing real defense?

My all-time starting 5. Kobe was awesome, but I'd have to put Magic on the first team rather than Kobe. James is the best player in the NBA in the last 10 years imo.

SG - MJ
PG - Magic
F - James
PF - Duncan
C - Shaq

2nd team

PG - Steph
SG - Kobe
F - Bird
PF - Barkley or Malone (only ones without a title, weird)
C - Olajuwon

I'm probably in the minority here but I prefer the NBA now to the knock the down, no layups type of "defense" back then. All of the grabbing and holding, punching and cheap shots just destroy the flow of the game. It just cheapens it. You're too slow to keep up with a player so just grab him or foul him. Lame. How about get better at playing real defense?

Don't necessarily disagree with cleaning the game up a bit, but they went way overboard in that area IMO. I disagree that they play better defense today, vehemently....but, it is not the same game in reality. When you see players shooting wide open 3's constantly or going to the hoop without being touched, that is really boring to me.....

My starting 5 (the first 2 I would pick would be Magic and MJ):

Magic
MJ
Bird/Lebron (this is a tossup, Lebron is the better defender, Bird the better shooter)
Duncan
Bill Russell (the C on this team doesn't have to be a big scorer, just defend/rebound, Russell was the best at both in history, IMO)

Bob Cousy
John Havlicek
Larry Bird
Bob Petit
George Mikan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom