Late 80-Early 90 NBA....... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Watching Last Dance....what a great story and brought back such great memories of that dream time in the NBA.
So many famous names, teams, nasty physical play.......it’s just crazy to think about.

In the East alone.....Bird and the Celtics, Barkley and the Sixers, Dominique and the Hawks, Ewing and the Knicks, Reggie Miller and the Pacers (Knicks Pacers playoffs were must see TV )....the freakin Bad Boys....and Jordan and the Bulls.

That’s 7 teams right there, in just the East, with Hall of Fame type leaders, all thinking we have a great shot at winning it all. And the personalities. Oh my goodness. Meanwhile, Jordan and the Bulls at the top of the mountain.

What a incredible 10 year period for the league.

Personally, I was a Hawks fan as they were the closest team to me....Dominique, Kevin Willis, Doc Rivers, Spud Webb, Tree Rollins.....they had some outstanding years, but couldn’t get past the dang Celtics.

Great memories of that time watching The Last Dance.

Great era - it was a tough game in those years. Those guys beat the crap out of each other, physically and mentally. Fighting was pretty common.

Barkley, Oakley, Shawn Kemp - guys like that just brutal to go up against all night.

Even the guards were tough as nails.

Last edited:
that is the era i grew up with and still associate with the nba.

pistons, lakers, celtics, bulls etc.

kemp's number is 40. his olympic number is 7. he was obviously one of my favourite players.

Great era - it was a though game in those years. Those guys beat the crap out of each other, physically and mentally. Fighting was pretty common.

Barkley, Oakley, Shawn Kemp - guys like that just brutal to go up against all night.

Even the guards were tough as nails.

You mention tough guys....and they were so tough.....and you left out the freakin Pistons....it’s was a street fight every game in Motor City.

Even the pretty guys were tough as nails,

And remember the great games where Spike Lee would talk crap to Reggie... ...then Reggie would just assassinate them.

You mention tough guys....and they were so tough.....and you left out the freakin Pistons....it’s was a street fight every game in Motor City.

Even the pretty guys were tough as nails,

And remember the great games where Spike Lee would talk crap to Reggie... ...then Reggie would just assassinate them.
pistons were, and still are, my team growing up.

i don't have a greatest or favourite player ever, but reggie is way up there in consideration. his trash talk is second to none. he had stated the only person he feared playing was his sister cheryl.

We’ve established that the pistons suck

and while Ewing was the reason I became a Knicks fan, it was John starks that I loved
but being a knicks fan of that era was like being a dome patrol saints fan - always so frustratingly close and one team of destiny always in the way
grrrrrr

i expect an oye worthy dissertation as to why you dislike the best defensive team in the history of the nba.

pistons 4 eva

oh and looking at the knicks, especially over the last 30 years, what has been accomplished?

/thread

btw we won in 2004, without the "bad boys"

Last edited:
We’ve established that the pistons suck

and while Ewing was the reason I became a Knicks fan, it was John starks that I loved
but being a knicks fan of that era was like being a dome patrol saints fan - always so frustratingly close and one team of destiny always in the way
oh and looking at the current knicks. .over the last 30 years, what has been accomplished?
grrrrrr

i expect an oye worthy dissertation as to why you dislike the best defensive team in the history of the nba.

pistons 4 eva

oh and looking at the knicks, especially over the last 30 years, what has been accomplished?

/thread

oh that is right, absolutely nothing.

oh and looking at the current knicks. .over the last 30 years, what has been accomplished?

oh that is right, absolutely nothing.
i am highly protective of my pistons, not as much as the saints, but second to them.

talk smack, back it up. oh, i'm sorry, knicks fan... nothing to back it up with

oh and billups will single handedly destroy whatever current team you try to put forward.

i'm not going to let up on the super forking awesomeness of the best team ever.

grrrrrr

pistons 4 eva

/thread

Are you crazy, I’m not still a Knicks fan
Latrell was the last Knick I really followed- I had the Hornets by that time

Laimbeer sucks
I did wait on John Salley once - he seemed nice

ugh gmr, you should not have pushed this.

to name a few: joe dumars, vinnie johnson, bill lambier, dennis rodman, and the goat, isiah thomas.

Are you crazy, I’m not still a Knicks fan
Latrell was the last Knick I really followed- I had the Hornets by that time

Laimbeer sucks
I did wait on John Salley once - he seemed nice
also, i love sprewell. he was barely a knick. trying to hold on to the greatest warrior is so stupid. he hated the knicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom