Late Evening I-10 Question (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In the past 3 months or so, this has happened to me at least 4 different times.

At around 8:30-9:00 in the evening on I-10 west around the Williams or so exit, 2 state troopers will get drive side by side in the middle of the interstate at about 10 mph and slow down traffic. I always get off at the 310, so i have no clue how far they go with this.

Anyway, first couple of times i didnt think anything of it. But then it kept on happening.

SO my question is, does anyone have any clue WHY THE HECK THEY DO THIS?????????????? And how often do they do it? I am not typically on the I10 this late, so i have no clue if it is every night.

Any info would be great, because if it is regular i will be sure to avoid the interstate.

They are doing road work on the Spillway bridge starting at 9:00 P.M. and they are shutting down one lane to do it. I'm sure the troopers are following guys who are putting out orange cones to close the one lane down. There is a sign on the side of the interstate before the Loyola exist talking about the work.

Well that may be true, but they arent following anyone. Like i said, i always get off at 310, so maybe they are eliminating traffic from the Spillway.

Do you know how much longer they plan on doing this?

Well that may be true, but they arent following anyone. Like i said, i always get off at 310, so maybe they are eliminating traffic from the Spillway.

Do you know how much longer they plan on doing this?

I don't know how much longer it is planned to take, but you can see some unfinished polls all along the bridge. My guess is that they do it that way to make it as safe as possible for the guys getting set up to work. I do know that later at night they shut one lane down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom