Latest Forecast: Saints could feast on buffet of really bad teams (link) (1 Viewer)

I know, that's why I put it in ''. I was listening to some pundit talk about how difficult the Bucs schedule is. I said it was the same as the Saints (except we face the Rams and I forget who they face). So it's not really 'easier'.

Between us and the Bucs, it's a 4 game swing on the easiest side. We have them twice, the Lions, and the Rams. They have us twice, Green Bay, and Seattle. But you're right, beyond that, it's exactly the same. I firmly believe the "last place" schedule thing is a myth now days, and appears you agree.

I think the Panthers could actually turn around if they replace their QB. You might argue that the QB didn't give up all the points, but 7 turnovers have given their opponents lots of room to score more. If they stick with Jake (and I hope they do), then I would say they are toast.

with who? those idiots should have thought about that in the offseason... now they're stuck with Jake, because their backups are worse. Feeley is NOT better than JD... and it makes matters worse because he has no chemistry with their receivers.

Carolina will be drafting in the top 10 next year...

Last edited:
I think the Panthers could actually turn around if they replace their QB. You might argue that the QB didn't give up all the points, but 7 turnovers have given their opponents lots of room to score more.
Aside from the argument of who else is there or that they have had significant injuries, I agree that their problem starts with the QB. You can see it in the body language of Jake, he is frustrated to the core. He says he realized that the PO int's were in his brain still so he "thought" about it after the first game and got them out of his head. You can't think something out of your head. He is unable to forget, is deathly afraid of making another mistake, so, of course, that begats more mistakes. Now I think all that "poison" in his head is dripping down over the team. Every pick is now piled up in his brain and they want to have confidence in him but how can they and I think it's really affecting the play of the entire team. Hey, it's way overdue. I just think his deal with the devil is over.

Even just 2 games dictated by finish is significant (2/16 = 12.5%) and even moreso when there is a significant separation in the teams of those divisions. I'd say that by far Det/St. L. is easier than G.B./Sea, Chi/S.F., or Minn/Ariz. If it wasn't significant, then I don't think you'd be seeing so many worst to firsts every year.

The 'easier' schedule thing is overplayed. We only have two games different than any other team in our division. The rest are exactly the same (minus head-to-head). Before realignment is was a much bigger deal because 7 of your opponents were factored by your record from the previous year. Now it's down to only 2.

The only thing I disagree with you is the home field advantage. Look at our schedule and see where we are playing the good teams and where we play the bad teams. The home field advantage is huge if you consider our fans will be very loud as the Saints push for a playoff berth while Tampa and Carolina will not have very boisterous crowds as the teams limp toward the finish. When you factor these things in, our schedule is actually easier and by a long shot when compared to Atlanta's schedule.

Nice, that way we should realistically be around 14-2 range, counting Giants and Falcons as the losses. Falcons game could be won, though and Giants game at home is winnable too, so we really could go 16-0. I rather have Saints go 10-6 and win the Super Bowl, but season and post season without a single loss would be Historical!!!!

I know, that's why I put it in ''. I was listening to some pundit talk about how difficult the Bucs schedule is. I said it was the same as the Saints (except we face the Rams and I forget who they face). So it's not really 'easier'.

It is a lot easier. The Bucs have to play us twice, while we get to play them twice...

I was looking at the schedule with a co-worker. The other thing we noticed is the furthest away games are in Wash DC and St. Louis. The Saints don't have to travel to the West Coast or up north during the colder months. And I like the BYE between two tough teams.

What I didn't like was playing division rivals in the last 10 games of the year. I think it should be more spread out.

tampa and carolina always play us tough just like we play them...when we aren't very good... they are not automatic wins by a long shot.

Wouldn't it be great to sweep the South this year,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom