Latest Mock from Walter football (27 Feb) (1 Viewer)

saint_cajun78

Very Banned
Reaction score
Saints picks, I like everything but the fourth round pick. He has Tyrun Mathieu going to the ravens in round 4. I think if he is there when we pick in the 4th we grab him. Other than that I would love these first 3 picks!:

1st.
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
LSU_logo.gif

The Saints fired Steve Spagnuolo and announced that they are moving to a 3-4 defense. A new scheme doesn't mean they'll be able to fix their old problems, however. They still need to find a top pass-rusher to make things easier for an overmatched secondary. Barkevious Mingo makes a ton of sense here as one of the top prospects available

3rd.
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern
MissouriSouthern_logo.gif

Another piece for New Orleans' new 3-4. The Saints could use a long-term solution at nose tackle behind Brodrick Bunkley.

4th.
saintsb_logo.gif
New Orleans Saints: A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State
IowaState_logo.gif

The Saints don't have any sort of depth at inside linebacker in their new 3-4 defense, so they'll have to fix that problem.

I like the all defense aspect of it. I am still unsure about our secondary though.

Still, I'd be happy with this draft.

Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU: Described by one NFL person as “spectacular” in his workout, Mingo’s workout has more people convinced he not only can play defensive end and outside linebacker in the NFL, but that he will definitely be a top ten pick. Although he does not look big and will have trouble holding ground versus offensive line blocks, his ability to change direction in a flash and explode in the other direction will make it easy for him to avoid blocks. In addition to impressing on the field, Mingo did well in interviews and has teams convinced he can handle lining up in a variety of spots on defense.

- See more at: NFP gives thoughts on players who shined Monday at Combine | National Football Post

I have a sneaky suspicion Mingo won't be available when the Saints pick but in the event I'm wrong and the Saints take him I won't be disappointed.

I'd love it if Mingo dropped and was the Saints selection, thats a sure fire pass rush.

I'd much rather Ansah but he won't last till 15. I like Mingo, but it's hard to figure out if he'll transition well to the NFL. I certainly think so since he was a top player on one of the best defenses in the country.

I personally think Jarvis Jones will wound up being the better pro

I wish but mingo will be gone, also replace aj Klein with Jamie Collins Darius slay or Tyrann Mathieu

Good chance one of the pass rushers we covet will fall to us. If we do not get Mingo I would love to get Jarvis Jones and I'm starting to like Ansah the more I see and hear about him. I do think Jordan will go before our pick due to his rising stock from the combine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom