Latest on Bushrod (1 Viewer)

So approval by your peers (coaches) and fellow players is meaningless? YOu dismiss it that easily. Keep in mind the All Pro voting is done by journalists who many on this forum hold in mighty low opinion.

It seems like anytime someone here substantiates their opinion with supported authority from journalists or professional opinion, others try to disparage or undrmine the professional opinion as lacking authority. The argument offered has no more substance that sophmoric name calling.

When are you people going to realize that your unsubstantiated opinions are the meaningless ones? If you are good enough you will get paid to do the job of coaching or commentating. Otherwise, please admit you are just another amateur Sunday football watching fan who knows next to nothing about the reality of NFL football.

So approval by your peers (coaches) and fellow players is meaningless? YOu dismiss it that easily. Keep in mind the All Pro voting is done by journalists who many on this forum hold in mighty low opinion.

It seems like anytime someone here substantiates their opinion with supported authority from journalists or professional opinion, others try to disparage or undrmine the professional opinion as lacking authority. The argument offered has no more substance that sophmoric name calling.

When are you people going to realize that your unsubstantiated opinions are the meaningless ones? If you are good enough you will get paid to do the job of coaching or commentating. Otherwise, please admit you are just another amateur Sunday football watching fan who knows next to nothing about the reality of NFL football.

You do realize that 1/3rd of the Pro Bowl vote comes from the fans, fans that can vote as many times as they want? Back in 95 when it was just the players and coaches were the only ones allowed to vote then there was some legitimacy, although I wonder how many players just voted based off favorites.

Bushrod wasn't even voted to the initial rosters. To say he deserves a bigger contract because he has a couple Pro Bowls on his resume is a complete joke.

You do realize that 1/3rd of the Pro Bowl vote comes from the fans, fans that can vote as many times as they want? Back in 95 when it was just the players and coaches were the only ones allowed to vote then there was some legitimacy, although I wonder how many players just voted based off favorites.

Bushrod wasn't even voted to the initial rosters. To say he deserves a bigger contract because he has a couple Pro Bowls on his resume is a complete joke.

What I am complaining about is the multitude of amateur opinions that so easily denigrate a particular player without any justification whatsoever except that is the way they feel. They don't even know why they think as they do. Someone's opinion without substance is nothing more than an emotional gyration which means nothing.

Reports are that Vikings re-signed Loadholt. That raises Bushrod's value even more. With the rumor of Long to Rams, Bushrod may be headed to the Bears.

It could be much worse, you know.......didn't we let Fred Thomas walk, b/c he lost a few steps.....and traded for Jason David, if I'm not mistaken?......I put nothing beyond this FO, which is quite capable to change a bad situation to worse.....

Where the heck have you people been the past 6 or so years?

We've won more games in the past 6 than the first 30, a Superbowl and we're a perennial Superbowl contender.

You're acting as if last season we had a head coach and reasonable DC and that the previous year we went 3 and 13.

Give it a break, please.

Bears give Jermon Bushrod $35.965 million over five years with $17.715 guaranteed. . . deal done

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom