Latest Starbucks Outrage (1 Viewer)

They should worry more about the quality of their ****** coffee.

Starbucks is the coffee equivalent of McDonald's. It's a fast food joint. You can even get a sausage and egg breakfast sandwich, microwaved while you wait.

Wait, since when is green and Muslim color? Am I missing something?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_in_Islam

The color green (Arabic: أخضر‎‎) has a number of traditional associations in Islam. In the Quran, it is associated with paradise. In the 12th century, green was chosen as dynastic color by the (Shiite) Fatimids, in contrast to the black used by the (Sunnite) Abbasids. After the Fatimid dynastic color, green remains particularly popular in Shi'ite iconography, but it is also widely used in by Sunni states, notably in the flag of Saudi Arabia.

750px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png

When people want to see something, they'll see it.

I think it's stupid too.

Here's the other thing. I feel unclean clicking on that link.

No media outlet should use a few stupid Twitter reactions as a basis for "complaints". Now, they do go on to say a Barista was getting complaints from people, but I think they weren't specific. Probably just fussing that they weren't "red".

Imagine if they didn't have Pumpkin Spice Latte's next October. I think some people might revolt.

the thing that bothers me more is that a few :mad: tweets are enough to be called an outrage...

peoples are dumb

People are stupid arses.

Seriously. It's a green cup. What color are Christmas trees? Green. Boom, Christmas.

It's a picture of a bunch of people all connected and enjoying community/family. Isn't that the spirit of the Holidays? (Christmas, New Years, even Thanksgiving, add in the Jewish holidays and others).

If anything, I thought one of the faces looks a bit like Kim Jong Il.

But "don't you dare give me unity! Screw other people! I want snow flakes, raindeer, and a fat guy in red!"

It's not the Christmas cup, that one is coming next week. It's a unity cup to get us thinking of what's important before the election or some ****. I guess it's liberal because Trump is against unity? Maybe someone can explain that part better than me because I never understood why I'm supposed to hate my neighbor if he votes for a different candidate than me. I have no idea why I'm supposed to be outraged, but damnit I am.

They're saying it's Islamic colors.. and that something about unity of different cultures is political leftist brainwashing.. I think.

Not to burst anyone's conspiracy bubble.... but ALL Starbucks cups are green and white except for the Christmas (holiday) ones. Green and white are the Starbucks company colors. It's like if Target made a Red and White shopping bag with people holding hands and someone claimed they were communists.

Not to burst anyone's conspiracy bubble.... but ALL Starbucks cups are green and white except for the Christmas (holiday) ones. Green and white are the Starbucks company colors. It's like if Target made a Red and White shopping bag with people holding hands and someone claimed they were communists.

So you're saying that Starbucks has ALWAYS been a shell company to funnel money to ISIS?

The earliest credible evidence of coffee-drinking appears in the middle of the 15th century in the Sufi shrines of Yemen. It was here in Arabia that coffee seeds were first roasted and brewed in a similar way to how it is now prepared. Coffee seeds were first exported from East Africa to Yemen, as the coffea arabica plant is thought to have been indigenous to the former. Yemeni traders took coffee back to their homeland and began to cultivate the seed. By the 16th century, it had reached Persia, Turkey, and North Africa. From there, it spread to Europe and the rest of the world.
- From Wikipedia

Stop drinking coffee! </TrumpMad>

We have a lot of stupid people in this country.

It's not the Christmas cup, that one is coming next week. It's a unity cup to get us thinking of what's important before the election or some ****. I guess it's liberal because Trump is against unity? Maybe someone can explain that part better than me because I never understood why I'm supposed to hate my neighbor if he votes for a different candidate than me. I have no idea why I'm supposed to be outraged, but damnit I am.

I know, I'm just relaying what the idiots on twitter were saying. And some were going off on the "Christmas cups" even though they're not out yet.

I haven't been to starbucks in months though.. so?

They're saying it's Islamic colors.. and that something about unity of different cultures is political leftist brainwashing.. I think.

So these supposedly strong defenders of freedom and Christian ideals as the foundation of our country have just freely given green to Islam? What a bunch of *******.

Green was part of the American holiday season for as long as I can remember and I'm not going to let some right-wing nutjobs just give it away. **** that. When I drink coffee out of a green cup in December, I think of Christmas damnit. So what if other people use it for other things. Have a backbone!

The earliest credible evidence of coffee-drinking appears in the middle of the 15th century in the Sufi shrines of Yemen. It was here in Arabia that coffee seeds were first roasted and brewed in a similar way to how it is now prepared. Coffee seeds were first exported from East Africa to Yemen, as the coffea arabica plant is thought to have been indigenous to the former. Yemeni traders took coffee back to their homeland and began to cultivate the seed. By the 16th century, it had reached Persia, Turkey, and North Africa. From there, it spread to Europe and the rest of the world.
- From Wikipedia

Stop drinking coffee! </TRUMPMAD>

So if you drink coffee the terrorists win?? Am I doing it right?:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom