NFL Draft Latt’s Top 10 WR Prospects for Saints in 2022 (1 Viewer)

I would like to add a couple mid/late round names to the list. I'm a Utah Utes alumni and watch every game. Two names to consider for a Sean Payton offense that utilizes unique player profiles:

TE/WR Brant Kiuthe - If he was 2-3" taller you would see him as the #1 TE off the board this year.

SLOT WR/PR Britain Covey - Playmaker that you would expect to see on the Patriots

Love both of these, especially considering where we would be able to get them. Did you grow up in Utah? I graduated from Wasatch HS.

#5 is THE pick, without any question over any others, IF Saints go WR. Big no on #7, as an injured commodity. Saints have done themselves enough damage, by selecting players as damaged commodities, thinking they got a steal. Meche would have been another great pick, but with his very unfortunate ACL tear in the SEC Championship game; again, no thanks! And I have had enough Ohio St. players in the past number of years. It has not gotten the Saints better. How about scouting and scouring the SEC more deeply, like the Patriots, for just ONE time! The Pats seemingly have done extremely well, would you say?

#5 is THE pick, without any question over any others, IF Saints go WR. Big no on #7, as an injured commodity. Saints have done themselves enough damage, by selecting players as damaged commodities, thinking they got a steal. Meche would have been another great pick, but with his very unfortunate ACL tear in the SEC Championship game; again, no thanks! And I have had enough Ohio St. players in the past number of years. It has not gotten the Saints better. How about scouting and scouring the SEC more deeply, like the Patriots, for just ONE time! The Pats seemingly have done extremely well, would you say?
Williams would certainly be a great pick… Some have him as the top WR prospect in the entire class, and I expect his testing numbers in pre-draft workouts to be outstanding.

WR is such a major need for this team that it simply must be addressed this offseason! No more waiting, and no more trying to outsmart the room by taking a no name guy and hoping to have him break out..
They need an influx of talent, and part of that needs to be an elite prospect. A savvy vet WR is also needed… I’m looking at a mid-tier FA with great hands. I’d like to see them bring back Emmanuel Sanders on a short term deal.

Here’s a short list of FA WRs set to hit the open market next offseason, that could be realistic acquisitions for the Saints…

1. Christian Kirk, Cardinals
2. Juju Smith-Schuster, Steelers
3. Michael Gallup, Cowboys
4. Emmanuel Sanders, Bills
5. Jamison Crowder, Jets
6. Rashad Higgins, Browns
7. DJ Chark, Jaguars
8. James Washington, Steelers
9. Jakobi Meyers, Patriots (RFA)
10. Allen Lazard, Packers (RFA)
11. Auden Tate, Bengals

That list of FA WR’s is nice, I’d love to grab Gallup depending on how much he’s asking. Kirk and Chark would bring some amazing speed. Juju I’m sure will be asking more than we can afford. Washington and Lazard would be decent. Tate is a big WR who’s been overshadowed by Chase, Higgins, and Boyd.

Williams is going to go high.

My draft favorite is Matt Corral. Watch how high he goes. He will be long gone before we draft unless we trade up.

I heard Williams is just a speedster and State guys are better all-around guys. We need somebody that can step in if our #1 goes down again.

I heard Williams is just a speedster and State guys are better all-around guys. We need somebody that can step in if our #1 goes down again.
That is why you take him in rd 1 and Bell in rd 2....Bell is a guy that could step in and be Mike T if Mike T can't be himself. WIlliams has good size along w/ the good speed, I like to think of him as the Jordan Jeff/Jamar Chase of this draft. We NEED that type of playmaker at WR, Harris is good, but lets be honest, he isn't an every down WR threat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom