Lattimore bought himself one more start (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
That was a HUGE stop to win that game. Hats off to him, but he definitely has room to improve in coverage. The secondary in general does. I think they may have to re-think the way they are using the safeties. If I was going against the Saints, I would chunk 40 yard bombs every other play.

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The completion on him in the last 2 minutes I dont hold against him. It was great coverage. Sometimes great players just make great plays despite good defense
This exactly. Sometimes you do everything right, but the other team has pros too.
Williams 3 extra inches on the reach were the difference.

BelowZero

Professional Troll
Reaction score
I don't want them to bench him, but calling him a pro bowl corner right now is laughable. Even if he went to pro bowl someday right now he is playing like a practice squad player.
Welcome to the state of NFL defenses currently. Look around, he's a upper-echelon DB playing better than most in what is a league-wide issue. Pretty much every defense is playing awful football right now.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
I will say this. To further illustrate how great that stop was, I was screaming "noooooooo" because I thought DeMario's blast tackle was going to push him forward enough for the drive to continue. Lattimore held strong.
100%.

Davis came in hot going towards the sticks. Thank god he didn’t get a square hit.

OP

dbg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Show me someone concerned about Marshon and I'll show you someone who has no clue as to how to judge cornerbacks. His technique, as always, is superb, and we have never had a better person at the position.
Seems like when he wants to he can shut down Mike Evans and tonite he literally got embarrassed for a TD by their 3rd string WR. Great technique on that one.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I dont know there been some bad saints defenses. like bad. like Jason David, Brandon browner bad. Josh Bullocks is the reason we ask can he play safety
I know but this is worse even than those teams. There has to be a stat showing how bad we are at 3rd and long.

It's atrocious!!

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t know who you want to sit him for but that last play was as gutsy as you will find, probably in any game this week. Nothing less than 125% would have stopped that mans momentum that quickly. You can question Latt in a lot of ways, but I don’t think his desire to win can be questioned after that.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I will say this. To further illustrate how great that stop was, I was screaming "noooooooo" because I thought DeMario's blast tackle was going to push him forward enough for the drive to continue. Lattimore held strong.
Geez, that was smart to know how close to the line he was and pull him backwards HARD. I know we've been wondering about him, but that made all the difference.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Davis had to be in that exact position for the stop to work. Williams was just about to extend and reach for the first down as Davis lunged over his back forcing Williams to pull back to protect the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)