Lattimore bought himself one more start (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Played like crap until the last play and then saves the win.
It seems like the last few seasons he always starts slow...as if he is not in shape. Hopefully he gets it together.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Chargers had 3 of the 14 highest rated corners in the NFL before the season. Yet Sanders had a dozen catches. Some of you expect to much in a receiver friendly and driven league.
C'mon, man, Lattimore made one really good play last night and otherwise got beat all over the field. He is not playing anything like one of the best corners in the league.

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon, man, Lattimore made one really good play last night and otherwise got beat all over the field. He is not playing anything like one of the best corners in the league.
He couldn’t have done anymore than he did on the big play to Williams down the sideline. They made a perfect play. The long touchdown was obvious the middle help was at fault. He was playing under.

BelowZero

Professional Troll
Reaction score
Neither is anyone else. Defenses have been awful across the board all season for every team, for the most part.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why are you focusing on one play? He got beat all night.
No. He. Didn't.

Defense gave up 7 points in the second half on a blown coverage away from Latt. Latt didn't have his best game, but he broke up at least 2 other passes, one on the last drive before he made the game saving 4th down tackle. I suggest you go back and watch the 2nd half of the game and overtime. I'm sure he'll admit he hasn't had a great start to the season, but let's not exaggerate more than we need to.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No. He. Didn't.

Defense gave up 7 points in the second half on a blown coverage away from Latt. Latt didn't have his best game, but he broke up at least 2 other passes, one on the last drive before he made the game saving 4th down tackle. I suggest you go back and watch the 2nd half of the game and overtime. I'm sure he'll admit he hasn't had a great start to the season, but let's not exaggerate more than we need to.
I am being hard on Lattimore b/c of the posters who keep insisting he's a shut down corner. He is far from that right now, and I think it's only fair to point it out. He did not have a good game last night, although, yes, he made a few really good plays (and I already acknowledged the final play he made in an earlier post). For years, we've been saying he just needs to develop the mental maturity and focus to play every game like he plays against Julio and Mike Evans, but he still hasn't done that.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I remember feeling some type of way about Latt during the game but all of those feelings were washed away by that game saving tackle. The situational awareness and determination he showed on that play was amazing. Latt must be one strong dude to be able to make that play.

I don't watch a lot of NFL other than the Saints but when I do catch bits of other games, I'm not seeing any Corners locking down one side of the field like back in '95. That just doesn't happen anymore. Latt will improve this season along with the rest of the defense but even at his best he's going to get beat often. Just the nature of the beast.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am being hard on Lattimore b/c of the posters who keep insisting he's a shut down corner. He is far from that right now, and I think it's only fair to point it out. He did not have a good game last night, although, yes, he made a few really good plays (and I already acknowledged the final play he made in an earlier post). For years, we've been saying he just needs to develop the mental maturity and focus to play every game like he plays against Julio and Mike Evans, but he still hasn't done that.
I think we all know he's capable of being that shut down corner. And he has at times, but I also think he's limited at times, whether it's defensive strategy or him not being consistent, I'm not entirely sure.

Probably a bit of both. He's not immune from criticism, and I'd say we'd all like to see him play better than he has. He stepped up at the end of the game last night, so hopefully we'll see more of that after the bye.

ANKOMA33

All-Pro
Reaction score
IDK did you see that final play? He used every muscle/bone in his body to bring down that guy.
Lattimore is definitely a strong guy. WR Mike Williams is every bit of 6'4 / 220.

Tackling a guy that big with all of his force going against you is hard to do.

Incredible stop by ML.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
The New Pass Happy NFL defensive rules and penalties are changing the roll of DBs. I have not seen anyone on any team this year and the last couple be a true "Island Lockdown DB," like Revis. Scoring above anything else is what the NFL wants and defensive pass coverage is the casualty.

I've been partially defending Latt this season because when I go back and watch the Saints games in Coaches Film view, Latt has had a lot of near perfect coverage when QBs and these huge new 6'5" receivers with huge wing spans and 40" vertical jumps are making plays that with the new rules make defending near impossible. He's had some sick catches and receptions on him where he looked to be in the receivers back pocket.

The Saints desperately needed one of our primetime defensive players to win a game with a Primetime play which Latt did last nite. That was an insane tackle on a huge WR.

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Can someone answer this for me. The Saints brought-in Jenkins to be the leader of the DBs bringing the young talented group we have up to the next level under Jenkins leadership. He's now a captain. Are our young BDs upset about this or is Jenkins not pulling the best out of them or something else??? Thx much

Noble Saint

Former NFL Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone answer this for me. The Saints brought-in Jenkins to be the leader of the DBs bringing the young talented group we have up to the next level under Jenkins leadership. He's now a captain. Are our young BDs upset about this or is Jenkins not pulling the best out of them or something else??? Thx much
He needs to make plays. Vonn Bell was a playmaker. I don’t think Vonn misses the QB where Herbert slips away from Jenkins and converts that early 3rd and real long. If Jenkins finishes that play and catches that interception, he would’ve won every one over. The kind of plays you expect someone as hyped up as him to make.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)