Lattimore bought himself one more start (2 Viewers)

We still need to sign Lattimore long term but not at top dollar.

I don’t understand how we let Von Bell walk for much less than we pay Jenkins.

Imagine if we drafted Jaire Alexander instead of Marcus Davenport.

If we let go of Patrick Robinson and Malcolm Jenkins next season we’d have a lot of cap space available.

Played like crap until the last play and then saves the win.

It seems like the last few seasons he always starts slow...as if he is not in shape. Hopefully he gets it together.

The Chargers had 3 of the 14 highest rated corners in the NFL before the season. Yet Sanders had a dozen catches. Some of you expect to much in a receiver friendly and driven league.
C'mon, man, Lattimore made one really good play last night and otherwise got beat all over the field. He is not playing anything like one of the best corners in the league.

C'mon, man, Lattimore made one really good play last night and otherwise got beat all over the field. He is not playing anything like one of the best corners in the league.
He couldn’t have done anymore than he did on the big play to Williams down the sideline. They made a perfect play. The long touchdown was obvious the middle help was at fault. He was playing under.

Why are you focusing on one play? He got beat all night.

No. He. Didn't.

Defense gave up 7 points in the second half on a blown coverage away from Latt. Latt didn't have his best game, but he broke up at least 2 other passes, one on the last drive before he made the game saving 4th down tackle. I suggest you go back and watch the 2nd half of the game and overtime. I'm sure he'll admit he hasn't had a great start to the season, but let's not exaggerate more than we need to.

No. He. Didn't.

Defense gave up 7 points in the second half on a blown coverage away from Latt. Latt didn't have his best game, but he broke up at least 2 other passes, one on the last drive before he made the game saving 4th down tackle. I suggest you go back and watch the 2nd half of the game and overtime. I'm sure he'll admit he hasn't had a great start to the season, but let's not exaggerate more than we need to.
I am being hard on Lattimore b/c of the posters who keep insisting he's a shut down corner. He is far from that right now, and I think it's only fair to point it out. He did not have a good game last night, although, yes, he made a few really good plays (and I already acknowledged the final play he made in an earlier post). For years, we've been saying he just needs to develop the mental maturity and focus to play every game like he plays against Julio and Mike Evans, but he still hasn't done that.

Yeah I remember feeling some type of way about Latt during the game but all of those feelings were washed away by that game saving tackle. The situational awareness and determination he showed on that play was amazing. Latt must be one strong dude to be able to make that play.

I don't watch a lot of NFL other than the Saints but when I do catch bits of other games, I'm not seeing any Corners locking down one side of the field like back in '95. That just doesn't happen anymore. Latt will improve this season along with the rest of the defense but even at his best he's going to get beat often. Just the nature of the beast.

I am being hard on Lattimore b/c of the posters who keep insisting he's a shut down corner. He is far from that right now, and I think it's only fair to point it out. He did not have a good game last night, although, yes, he made a few really good plays (and I already acknowledged the final play he made in an earlier post). For years, we've been saying he just needs to develop the mental maturity and focus to play every game like he plays against Julio and Mike Evans, but he still hasn't done that.

I think we all know he's capable of being that shut down corner. And he has at times, but I also think he's limited at times, whether it's defensive strategy or him not being consistent, I'm not entirely sure.

Probably a bit of both. He's not immune from criticism, and I'd say we'd all like to see him play better than he has. He stepped up at the end of the game last night, so hopefully we'll see more of that after the bye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom