Lattimore bought himself one more start (2 Viewers)

The New Pass Happy NFL defensive rules and penalties are changing the roll of DBs. I have not seen anyone on any team this year and the last couple be a true "Island Lockdown DB," like Revis. Scoring above anything else is what the NFL wants and defensive pass coverage is the casualty.

I've been partially defending Latt this season because when I go back and watch the Saints games in Coaches Film view, Latt has had a lot of near perfect coverage when QBs and these huge new 6'5" receivers with huge wing spans and 40" vertical jumps are making plays that with the new rules make defending near impossible. He's had some sick catches and receptions on him where he looked to be in the receivers back pocket.

The Saints desperately needed one of our primetime defensive players to win a game with a Primetime play which Latt did last nite. That was an insane tackle on a huge WR.

Can someone answer this for me. The Saints brought-in Jenkins to be the leader of the DBs bringing the young talented group we have up to the next level under Jenkins leadership. He's now a captain. Are our young BDs upset about this or is Jenkins not pulling the best out of them or something else??? Thx much

Can someone answer this for me. The Saints brought-in Jenkins to be the leader of the DBs bringing the young talented group we have up to the next level under Jenkins leadership. He's now a captain. Are our young BDs upset about this or is Jenkins not pulling the best out of them or something else??? Thx much
He needs to make plays. Vonn Bell was a playmaker. I don’t think Vonn misses the QB where Herbert slips away from Jenkins and converts that early 3rd and real long. If Jenkins finishes that play and catches that interception, he would’ve won every one over. The kind of plays you expect someone as hyped up as him to make.

Let's watch Lattimore play defense on Jalen Guyton and Mike Williams here: Not Shutdown Corner

Last edited:
Marshon Lattimore is the best cornerback the Saints have ever had. And it's not even a close call.

Marshon at Chicago.jpg
Well, the " best" corner is allowing a perfect passer rating.

Int: 0
Pass defended: 0

Nahhhhhh

I will say this. To further illustrate how great that stop was, I was screaming "noooooooo" because I thought DeMario's blast tackle was going to push him forward enough for the drive to continue. Lattimore held strong.
Exactly this. That was some kind of "breaking the rules of physics" ish going on with that tackle

Lattimore is a top corner, at times, but he loses focus or something. Sometimes it looks as if he's not 100% into a game. Maybe lack of film study or he's just guessing. I know this much, he has Mike Evans' number. But why can he shut down one of the better WRs in the game, then look completely awful against a 2nd string guy?
I can say for sure Lattimore is at his best playing man to man with a decent safety watching the deep ball. But we have Marcus Williams so I guess that's not an option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom