Lattimore bought himself one more start (1 Viewer)

Interesting stat but Marlon Humphrey , who just received that big contract has allowed 26 receptions for 286 yards 1 td.
Stephon Gilmore has allowed 18 receptions for 261 yards 2 tds. Not disregarding Lattimores bad play. Hopefully after the by week the secondary fixes their communication issues.

Last edited:
Stephon Gilmore has allowed 18 receptions for 261 yards 2 tds.
But four of those receptions and 92 of those yards and one TD came from Gilmore trying to defend DK Metcalf, who is currently ripping up the league with the likes of DeAndre Hopkins and Stefon Diggs.

Alright. Sounds like the thread needs some order here.

Put 'em in a hat, close your eyes and pick a name. The three best corners in Saints history are McKenzie, Greer and Lattimore. Not HOF'ers by any stretch, but far better than anyone else at the position in the previous nearly-40 years. We had much better safeties than corners back during the bad ol' days.

As for effort, didn't we all read a post on here a few weeks ago by someone claiming to know a player that said overall effort this season league-wide isn't exactly stellar because of the virus, the uncertainty of whether they'd play at all, no training camp, etc.? I can see it each week. There's no defense being played by anybody. Everything's a shootout. It's a hundred-yard version of the Arena League this season.

Marshon Lattimore is the best cornerback the Saints have ever had. And it's not even a close call.

Marshon at Chicago.jpg

Had he merely maintained his level of play during his rookie year, I would agree. But it is clear he has not....Jabari Greer is still the best IMO, he was incredibly consistent, it is unfortunate that a knee injury ended his career prematurely. I think when he retired the D declined in large part because of it....

I hope Lattimore becomes the best corner of all time but he has to show a lot more consistency....

I think we are all guilty of claiming him as the next Revis and are now being let down that’s he’s not the complete shut down corner we all thought he was. He’s good not great. I can live with that. We can win with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom