Lattimore(Hamstring)- Week to Week (1 Viewer)

I hope that Lattimore learns that being in the NFL is a full time, year around job. You can’t afford to be lazy at any point in the season with recurring soft tissue injuries.

I don't view it that way. I think that if he felt any tightness or a tweak, they would shut him down for the day, especially with his history. If he pulled it, would he have been on the bike?

Hoping for the best here!

This is key. I knew it was a hammy right away, and riding the bike told me it wasn't bad. Lat himself and the trainers would never allow him on the bike if it were a serious pull. But, even a moderate tweak can cost 2-3 weeks. I hate hamstrings. They're right up there with toes and high ankles for unpredictability.

I hope they shut him down for the next two weeks, as both are winnable without him. And I think they need him down the stretch more.
I don’t feel like the next couple weeks are necessarily winnable without him. Mike Evans is up there in terms of top 5 receivers in the NFL right now and Godwin is amazing as well. Latt shut down Evans last time and he was shutting down Julio prior to going down. I have a feeling that Evans is going to feast this weekend which greatly hurts the Saints’ chances of winning.

I hope they shut him down for the next two weeks, as both are winnable without him. And I think they need him down the stretch more.
:shrug:
Atlanta game was certainly winnable but look what happened. Obviously if Latt cannot go, he cannot go. Tampa has a high powered passing game with a couple of really good WRs. If you are missing one of your top defensive players, the game becomes less winnable.

I don’t feel like the next couple weeks are necessarily winnable without him. Mike Evans is up there in terms of top 5 receivers in the NFL right now and Godwin is amazing as well. Latt shut down Evans last time and he was shutting down Julio prior to going down. I have a feeling that Evans is going to feast this weekend which greatly hurts the Saints’ chances of winning.

:shrug:
Atlanta game was certainly winnable but look what happened. Obviously if Latt cannot go, he cannot go. Tampa has a high powered passing game with a couple of really good WRs. If you are missing one of your top defensive players, the game becomes less winnable.
It's very possible to make Tampa one dimensional though, as they don't run he ball particularly well, and a dime defense should keep the passing game in at least a reasonable check, even without Lattimore. And [edit] in Carolina it's going to take a safety spy I think to really limit McCaffrey on any level. Having Lattimore there would certainly help out, but I still think it's doable with him on the sideline healing up.

Last edited:
It's very possible to make Tampa one dimensional though, as they don't run he ball particularly well, and a dime defense should keep the passing game in at least a reasonable check, even without Lattimore. And it's going to take a safety spy I think to really limit McCaffrey on any level. Having Lattimore there would certainly help out, but I still think it's doable with him on the sideline healing up.

When did McCaffrey get traded to Tampa? ?

I think they were referring to the fact that we have Tampa then Carolina the next 2 weeks...because someone else is guessing that Lattimore will need 2 weeks to heal. A bit early to think that in my opinion.

Ahhhh....thank you sir.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom