Lattimore has a lacerated kidney and two broken ribs (1 Viewer)

I know we fired a few folks a while back, but I think our medical staff needs to be blown up more than our coaching staff tbh.

Think about to Keenan Lewis’ knee and Delvin Breaux
Now we’ve got Marcus Davenport, Jameis Winston, Michael Thomas, we just got Alvin back, but you can put him in there too. The entire offensive line. The list keeps growing.

There is no way that all of these star players are just “snake bit”. At some point you’ve got to look at the common denominator. Is the zodiac killer one of our trainers? Good lord.
Think the group that handled Lewis & Breaux are long gone

Google says average time to heal from kidney laceration is about 6 weeks. Broken ribs is about 6-8 weeks. Could easily be looking at another month without him.

Again, the short term IR management had been abysmal.
It depends on the severity. 6 weeks if it's a minor one. Longer if it's more severe.

What is up with DA mismanaging these injuries.

M.T, Landry, Winston and now Lattimore. It almost feels as if he is trying to cover up some kind of negligence on his part

Mismanaging injuries, mismanaging the practice squad, mismanaging the depth chart, mismanaging personnel.

This was a very talented roster two weeks before the season started. He thought he could just put it on auto-pilot. He thought he could press the "easy button" by a trading player instead of managing the situation. While injuries don't help, he's squandered a good opportunity and set the franchise back trying to avoid making tough decisions.

Does anyone have any idea what we're doing?
The ship is moving, but no one is at the helm.

willy-wonka.gif

The amount of worry you guys put into a guy being put on injured reserved or not is getting borderline comical.

There are 55 rosters spots. 47 (or 48 depending on how many offensive linemen you have) of those are active on game day. So no matter what there are going to be 7 or 8 inactive guys every Sunday.

So even if you've got Winston, Thomas, Landry, Ingram and Lattimore all hurt you are still going to have 2 or 3 guys that would STILL be inactive on game day. If you thought there was any chance you get any of those guys back before 4 weeks you don't put them on IR. The benefit of getting them back sooner is greater than having an extra roster spot you aren't going to use on game day anyway.
It seems that no matter the subject, every thread quickly derails to bashing Dennis Allen and in some cases (like this one) Nick Underhill is collateral damage. 😄

- Hey, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?
- What does it matter if they don't fire Dennis Allen by then! And even if they do, Nick Underhill won't report it immediately.

I know we fired a few folks a while back, but I think our medical staff needs to be blown up more than our coaching staff tbh.

Think about to Keenan Lewis’ knee and Delvin Breaux
Now we’ve got Marcus Davenport, Jameis Winston, Michael Thomas, we just got Alvin back, but you can put him in there too. The entire offensive line. The list keeps growing.

There is no way that all of these star players are just “snake bit”. At some point you’ve got to look at the common denominator. Is the zodiac killer one of our trainers? Good lord.
Well the ones responsible for Lewis & Breaux were already shown the door not long after that.

You’re missing the point. Maybe (and hopefully) you’re just intentionally being dense.

The point is not about whether or not he had permission. The point is why did it take a fan’s question for Nick to reveal what he knows regarding an issue that fans have clearly been puzzled about. It’s not the first time this has happened on Twitter. It’s a routine issue for Nick. I seriously doubt he’s clearing things with his source in real time as he’s responding to fans on Twitter.
You can doubt it. But if that's not the case, he would have said something long ago. He didn't just find that out. He knew from early on what Marshon's injury was. He just didn't say anything even though people wanted to know. Why is that?

No permission no statement. That's my belief.

Their responsibility of reporting injuries is to the NFL, the employer, not you or I. Weekly/daily injury reports released to the public are vague for a reason.
You're missing the broader point but that's cool.

I personally think it hurts moral of the fans to keep everything secret. MT for example, "He's got a foot", several weeks dislocated toe, surgery and IR. How many of us (including me) felt like he just didn't want to play. Now with Lattimore, everything nonspecific, out 6 weeks now, but never put on IR, no details to the injury. Doesn't he know purgatory is worse than H377.

You can doubt it. But if that's not the case, he would have said something long ago. He didn't just find that out. He knew from early on what Marshon's injury was. He just didn't say anything even though people wanted to know. Why is that?

No permission no statement. That's my belief.
You can believe whatever you want. I’m just saying this is a pattern. And it would be very odd that Nick would (on multiple occasions) seek permission to divulge info in a tweeted response to a fan’s question rather than an actual published article.

Mismanaging injuries, mismanaging the practice squad, mismanaging the depth chart, mismanaging personnel.

This was a very talented roster two weeks before the season started. He thought he could just put it on auto-pilot. He thought he could press the "easy button" by a trading player instead of managing the situation. While injuries don't help, he's squandered a good opportunity and set the franchise back trying to avoid making tough decisions.
Everyday that trade of Ceedy is looking dumber and dumber. Don't care if he is leading the NFL in passes completed. He has 6ints and has helped take that D to another level. Meanwhile the defense has spiraled downward. That was before injuries to the secondary.

People are upset about the other trade to the Eagles. At least with that the Saints have two potential franchise cornerstones. With Ceedy you can rightfully say N.O got nothing.

Instead of getting production from a motivated contract year player and a decent comp pick, N.O got no production and terrible draft picks. The Saints also have a bad look for getting rid of a player who wanted to get paid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom