Lattimore is striving to have an all-pro year (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yeah he played really well when matched up with Hopkins.

Rev Deuce brought up a great point on his podcast. This was nothing like last year where AB beat him over and over. This was much more 50/50. Which is all you can hope for against an elite WR.

OP
OP
Saintsfolife

Saintsfolife

“NOOB”
Reaction score
Yeah he played really well when matched up with Hopkins.

Rev Deuce brought up a great point on his podcast. This was nothing like last year where AB beat him over and over. This was much more 50/50. Which is all you can hope for against an elite WR.
Yea that matchup vs ab was hard to watch , hopefully he gets his revenge against the patriots in the SB

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
There is no shame in admitting that Hopkins is better than Thomas. If Thomas is 1b Hopkins is 1a. No shame, game just recognizing game. Given the numbers that Hopkins has put up over his career with guys who aren’t fit to sniff Watson’s jock, it’s very impressive.

OP
OP
Saintsfolife

Saintsfolife

“NOOB”
Reaction score
There is no shame in admitting that Hopkins is better than Thomas. If Thomas is 1b Hopkins is 1a. No shame, game just recognizing game. Given the numbers that Hopkins has put up over his career with guys who aren’t fit to sniff Watson’s jock, it’s very impressive.
Yea I totally agree just pains me to see people claim that he is in a different league than Thomas

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Latt had a good game. He was aggressive and made some good tackles. He went toe to toe with Hopkins.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Latt shut Hopkins down besides that last play, and that was really on Williams and Play calling.
That's insane.

terrytogo

Whatever my peers call me
Reaction score
I know Lattimore always plays on the outside, but I'd like to see him shadow the team's #1 even when they are in the slot. Most of the damage Hopkins did was from the inside when Latt was not specifically on him.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He’s playing so much faster so far this season. You can tell last year he came in thinking he already made it and was humbled. He’s coming out the gate flying this season and I like it.

WhoDat!5

Amiable Saints Fan aka bbourque5
Reaction score
I think Hopkins is asked to do more honestly, or at least he has been asked to do more.
I agree, they basically did the same with Andre Johnson. Once they felt confident that Hopkins was ready they simply transitioned Hopkins into that roll. Our offense spreads the ball around a lot more than the Texans.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Hopkins is better at freelancing for Watson when he breaks contain and running deep routes.

I'll take Thomas all day long on timing routes and anywhere inside 20 yards. They are just different.

tinman

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I think Hopkins is asked to do more honestly, or at least he has been asked to do more.
Did you see our O last year? The Texans had Hopkins & WRs behind him & good RB. Kamara is great, but after that what impact did Thomas have on every game plan? How can you do more than everything?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom