Lattimore vs. Kamara: Who Has Been the Better Rookie (1 Viewer)

Who has been better?

• Marshon Lattimore

Votes: 57 51.8%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 53 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
In this past draft the Saints struck gold. Almost every draft pick has contributed to the Saints in one way.

However, the two rookies that have gotten the most publicity, rightfully so, are first round cornerback Marshon Lattimore and third round running back Alvin Kamara.

Lattimore, taken eleventh overall out of Ohio State, has been a lockdown corner since stepping in to the pros. Cornerback is one of the most difficult positions for a rookie to play so it is very impressive he has been this good in year one. His numbers may seem low but that is because opposing quarterbacks rarely test him

Kamara, taken 67th overall out of Tennessee, has also been very impressive. When the Saints moved up to select him, many fans and analysts were confused by the pick. But since stepping on the field with the Saints, he has been absolutely electric and is amazing out of the backfield.

Both were just recently announced to have made the Pro Bowl and are the favorites for defensive and offensive rookies of the year respectively.

They have both been fantastic but I was wondering who the Who Dat Nation thought was better and made the bigger impact.

Their Stat Lines:
Marshon Lattimore: 11 games, 44 TOT, 4 INT, 13 PD, 1 TD, 0 TDs given up

Alvin Kamara: 14 games, 99 car, 652 yds, 7 TD, FL; 68 rec, 684 yds, 5 TD

Kamara. We knew the role he was being plugged into when he was drafted, but we never could've imagined what we were in for. It's easy to forget he's a rookie watching him play. He's scratching the surface of what is one of the greatest scheme fits SP has ever had to work with. He has looked like a legitimate once in a generation type RB at times, and as far as efficiency goes, he's Ladanian Tomlinson-esque so far.

Lattimore was the more dire pick for what the secondary needed and he's been amazing, so it's no slight to him.... but no doubt Kamara has been better imo.

Kamara, but only because he's been practically perfect.

I will say Kamara. Only because he has played more games this season

I'm so torn between the two that I couldn't vote.

Wow, yea, pretty much.

I went ahead and voted Kamara though. We kinda expected great things out of Lattimore. Kamara is on a whole different level than I think anyone predicted.

The thing is that it's harder to appreciate how good Lattimore is when, if he's good, it's not front and center on the screen. If he's good then we don't see him.

Considering how much better he is than the other guys we've had in the spot recently, and how big of an impact he has on making the defense better - I had to go to with Lattimore.

That said, you're basically asking which color I'd prefer on my Rolls Royce :9:

You could argue Marshon has been more valuable as we were desperate at his position, but I went with Kamara since his YPC are literally historic and our offense seemed to be real flat without him.

We've always had a way of finding stud RBs.

Us hitting on a first round CB and him shutting Julio Jones down as a rookie? Unbelievable

that's a hard choice but I'm going to say Lattimore simply because of the steep curve from NCAA Cornerback to NFL cornerback. That's a BRUTAL transition that I think is right up there with NCAA QB to NFL QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom