Lattimore's Performance Doesn't Make Sense (1 Viewer)

diehardfan

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Everything about our defense starts with the play of Lattimore. If he is successful, the Defense is successful. But he wasn't on Sunday and we all saw it in training camp too: he was getting turned around and beaten by MT and it raised eyebrows but we all wrote it off as just being training camp and even CB coach, A Glenn, mentioned they were trying new techniques. What happened on Sunday was more than that. We saw a CB that couldn't win 1 on 1.

On the TD to Evans, Lattimore didn't even touch him at the LOS. Evans gave him a shake and took off and ML never caught him.

This isn't the same guy that wasn't giving up an INCH last year. All the other fans were constantly crying about how Lattimore grabbed and held. Look at the highlights, he barely touches the receivers, if at all!

Last year Marshon wasn't just having a good year, he was having a historically great year! He was having one of the best years of ANY cornerback , EVER.

That wasn't the same Lattimore on Sunday, not by a long shot. But it's not just him, Crawley looked slow too. Last year they were both quick, tough, gritty. So far, they've looked slow, sluggish and desperate for safety help.

Look at this play: Crawley and Lattimore are at the top and bottom of the play. They both look slow & sluggish. It's almost like they've been coached not to use their hands. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed in 1 week, but until I see something different on Sundays, I've got serious concerns about our secondary.

View: https://gfycat.com/enragedpepperyfattaileddunnart

I think that he ate the cheese. They all did and then were served humble pie for dessert. They overlooked the Bucs but I believe that will not happen again and we will be fine.

I'm not gonna sweat it, yet. If he continues to get beat, then there's an issue. Anyone can have an awful game. Anyone.

No that it mattered either way but Crawley's man had an easy TD there too if thrown that way.

That is scary.

Until they show that can reverse this they are going to get targeted relentlessly.

I'm not gonna sweat it, yet. If he continues to get beat, then there's an issue. Anyone can have an awful game. Anyone.

See Drew Brees vs the Falcons 11-29-12...
28 of 50, 341 yards, No TDs & 5 INTs.

We will see on Sunday, but pretty sure he just ate the cheese all offseason, remembers how he handled Evans before, and thought he would just do it again.

I guess he didn't respect one of the best receivers in the league.

No way that talent doesn't show itself on Sunday.

In one of the interviews, someone said the Saints prepared for a short passing game.

You look at how Crawley is squatting, he was expecting the receiver to run past the first down maker and mark a hard cut. Watch his feet and the short step he takes as the receiver gets past the first down marker. He was not expecting it to be a go route.

Lattimore also looked like he was expecting a short throw, and the double move beat him big time.

That can be excused early because of having a gameplan that was not what the other team was doing. What is alarming to me is they never adjusted to Tampa's offensive plan of just hurling it deep every play. They let themselves get beat like this all game with no clear adjustments or attempts to adjust to the double moves. Embarrassing.

I already said what the issue was but no one wants to listen

See Drew Brees vs the Falcons 11-29-12...
28 of 50, 341 yards, No TDs & 5 INTs.

Isn’t that the game that ended brees’ TD streak?

I think lance Moore caught a touchdown in that game that was overturned by penalty and jimmy graham dropped one or vice versa

Isn’t that the game that ended brees’ TD streak?

I think lance Moore caught a touchdown in that game that was overturned by penalty and jimmy graham dropped one or vice versa
Yes it was

Everything about our defense starts with the play of Lattimore. If he is successful, the Defense is successful. But he wasn't on Sunday and we all saw it in training camp too: he was getting turned around and beaten by MT and it raised eyebrows but we all wrote it off as just being training camp and even CB coach, A Glenn, mentioned they were trying new techniques. What happened on Sunday was more than that. We saw a CB that couldn't win 1 on 1.

On the TD to Evans, Lattimore didn't even touch him at the LOS. Evans gave him a shake and took off and ML never caught him.

This isn't the same guy that wasn't giving up an INCH last year. All the other fans were constantly crying about how Lattimore grabbed and held. Look at the highlights, he barely touches the receivers, if at all!

Last year Marshon wasn't just having a good year, he was having a historically great year! He was having one of the best years of ANY cornerback , EVER.

That wasn't the same Lattimore on Sunday, not by a long shot. But it's not just him, Crawley looked slow too. Last year they were both quick, tough, gritty. So far, they've looked slow, sluggish and desperate for safety help.

Look at this play: Crawley and Lattimore are at the top and bottom of the play. They both look slow & sluggish. It's almost like they've been coached not to use their hands. I don't know if this is something that can be fixed in 1 week, but until I see something different on Sundays, I've got serious concerns about our secondary.

View: https://gfycat.com/enragedpepperyfattaileddunnart

The term sophomore slump exists for a reason. It’s not just because the league gets the rookie figured out, often it is because the rookie thinks he has the league figured out.

Lattimore falls into the latter group, and this is the group that go on to long successful careers. All they need is a wake up call. Lattimore got one on Sunday. He might need a few more wake up calls, but if that’s the case, he will continue to get them this season.

He will soon realize that in the NFL, if you aren’t getting better you are falling behind.

His skill set isn’t something that can be figured out, he already has “it”, now he just needs to get it.

Last edited:
On the replay in the OP they are both cheating on the short routes...Latt bit on the stutter, Crawley assumed his guy was going short...this habit of cheating against the short routes comes from practice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom