Laurinaitis article from Advocate (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Nice article on Laurinaitis.....didn't see it posted.

Man, would I like this guy on our team. I think if he is there @ 10 it's a no brainer....if this front office was prepared to take Hawk then they have to be drooling over this guy. Hope he falls to us.

Couple of blurbs that stood out to me:

"takes its lead from the first junior captain in the seven-season Jim Tressel era."

“Obviously, what you guys see on game day is just a great football player,” linebacker Marcus Freeman said, “but I think where James excels most is he practices at a level that” — Freeman sighed and shook his head — “none of us can do."

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/13295372.html

Last edited:
I want him even more now, however I have a feeling he might stay for his senior year.

I want him even more now, however I have a feeling he might stay for his senior year.

An article in the Time-Picayune newspaper here in New Orleans quoted him as saying that he might stay his senior season at Ohio State...

I hope he stays so the Saints won't be duped into taking him.

Agreed.

Too small

He's listed as 6' 3" 244 lb. He certainly didn't look that size last night. He's had a phenominal career at Ohio St. But despite recording 18 tackles in the National Championship game he failed to make a single "big" play. Was it an anamoly or a sign of how his transition to the pro level will go? No one knows. It does sound like he is a team leader and saying the all right things. Am I completely sold him if he's there at #10? Not as much as I was........

:plus-un2: ; Just can't imagine him being able to handle NFL level guards. Seems a bit small, especially for the MIKE position at the NFL level.

Wow! Why all of the hating on baby Animal?:hihi: Look at Zach Thomas in his prime and of course Sam Mills. These guys are and were both smaller than Larinintis(sp), but they succeeded at the pro-level. 18 tackles is nothing to scarf at. That being said, I agree that we shouldn't draft him for different reasons that you guys have stated. I feel he needs to go to a team that has real space eaters at the nose position. He needs to be clean at all times to make the tackle. So coming to the Saints would be carreer suicide for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom