Laurinaitis article from Advocate (1 Viewer)

Which means he's probably 6' even, 220. You know how those media guides over-inflate everyone's numbers.

Gee, maybe some one will measure and weigh the guy between now and the draft. It could happen.

Gee, maybe some one will measure and weigh the guy between now and the draft. It could happen.

Well, good thing you were around to point that out. But until that happens, I think Ill just stick to my assumption that his numbers are over-inflated.

Too small.HAHAHAHAHA.I would take that small guy anyday.18 tackles in one game.Thats like half the tackles Simoneau got all year(sarcasm off). I would take Laurinaitis before Dorsey. Dorsey to me seems like he will not be durable to withstand a full NFL season. I may be wrong about Dorsey and hope I am because I wish him a great NFL career.

if he stays that certainly removes the issue of taking him at 10

In the NFL Dorsey won't have to subject his body the beating that he endures in the talent filled SEC. /sarcasm off/

You don't have to get all upset because your a LSU homer.We discuss players coming into the draft every year.We give our opinion about each players abilities and injuries that the saints may draft.Also the SEC isn't that dominate imo/sarcasm never on

What good is 18 tackles if they are 5+ yds downfield?

I see your point on this.Ohio State DT's aren't that great. I think we will agree on this.There DE's are pretty good but DTs are just average.But if the guy has some good DT's in the NFL in front of him,you could see what he is capable of producing.

Wow I can't believe the criticism of such a great defensive prospect.....
C'mon Tiger Fans.....You beat them......it's OK to admit that the only guy making tackles on their whole team would help the Saints D.
Laurinaitis had a so-so game against the Tigers, but he's the best LB prospect in the draft.
Demeco Ryans, Patrick Willis.....both drafted high and both finished as DROY and led their conference in tackles. Any fool can see that JL is the heir apparent.
I have a sneaky feeling NE trades down to get their "other" pick back (and give Goodell the virtual finger) and the Saints are staring at Laurinaitis, Sedrick Ellis, and maybe Kenny Phillips at #10.
Corner may be our biggest need, but JL is a tackling machine and we havent had one of those in a very long time....

Wow I can't believe the criticism of such a great defensive prospect.....
C'mon Tiger Fans.....You beat them......it's OK to admit that the only guy making tackles on their whole team would help the Saints D.
Laurinaitis had a so-so game against the Tigers, but he's the best LB prospect in the draft.
Demeco Ryans, Patrick Willis.....both drafted high and both finished as DROY and led their conference in tackles. Any fool can see that JL is the heir apparent.
I have a sneaky feeling NE trades down to get their "other" pick back (and give Goodell the virtual finger) and the Saints are staring at Laurinaitis, Sedrick Ellis, and maybe Kenny Phillips at #10.
Corner may be our biggest need, but JL is a tackling machine and we havent had one of those in a very long time....

JL isn't near as good as Willis and Ryans were in college. He's good, but those two were just better. JL is getting all the hype because he plays at OSU and he's Animal's kid.

Just my curiousity. Does anyone know how big Brian Urlacker (however you spell it) was when he entered the pros. Because everyone gains size in the pros. Look at the guys dad, he is only going to get bigger and stronger. I want him in Black & Gold next year. Trade up for him. We need LBs more than any other position. Yes, even more than the DBs. Of course, IMHO.

his size now should not matter. He will put weight on if he needs to. Remeber Urlacher was drafted as a Safety. He couldnt have been any smaller that him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom